This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Pro2 PLUS] warning about some 2.8 SPI TFT (ILI9341) displays on eBay.
(10-04-2018, 07:15)Werk_AG Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 17:28)f4aii Wrote: it's really hard to find the old screens, I found a model still different from others.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

ebay ad: https://www.ebay.co.uk/

It remains to be seen if it works

Out of curiosity, when it arrives please report which chip is installed on the backside of the board. XPT2046 or HR2046 ?

I have the same one received for my WheatherDuino. There is the HR2046 installed.
Is this the right chip?

I have not tested it yet because I'm still into assembly.

Regards
I did not order it, I fear to have a model not usable.
(10-04-2018, 20:42)engolling Wrote: I have the same one received for my WheatherDuino. There is the HR2046 installed.
Is this the right chip?

Its not only the question of the chip, theoretically the HR2046 is equivalent to XPT2046. The most important is that on some of those called "new displays", the touch panel is installed in a different position (see pictures on first post) which give different touch coordinates.
Still its easy to find and order the correct type of display, in case of doubt carefully check the item pictures and ask the seller if it send an item exactly as pictured. In case the seller sends another display version, the previous procedure allows you to open a case in eBay and most likely eBay will decide in your favour, as sellers have the obligation to keep the product pictures updated.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Hi,
I have had no issues with getting the correct displays and regularly order four at a time, (Silicon Chip magazine uses them in many projects).
The supplier item number on EBay is 182592607642 which has links to other suppliers.
Regards 
Jim
PS read the links carefully as some of the “similar items” are only 2.4” displays
this number refers to the vendor "industrial_mall" and the screen it is not the right reference.

https://www.ebay.fr/
I can't guarantee, but up to know this seller always have sent me the correct display type

https://www.ebay.com/itm/240x320-SPI-TFT...2749.l2649

Don't know if he is present in https://www.ebay.fr/, but surely is in https://www.ebay.com

(12-04-2018, 18:43)Werk_AG Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 20:42)engolling Wrote: I have the same one received for my WheatherDuino. There is the HR2046 installed.
Is this the right chip?

Its not only the question of the chip, theoretically the HR2046 is equivalent to XPT2046. The most important is that on some of those called "new displays", the touch panel is installed in a different position (see pictures on first post) which give different touch coordinates.
Still its easy to find and order the correct type of display, in case of doubt carefully check the item pictures and ask the seller if it send an item exactly as pictured. In case the seller sends another display version, the previous procedure allows you to open a case in eBay and most likely eBay will decide in your favour, as sellers have the obligation to keep the product pictures updated.

I just started up my RX PCB for the first time. The display is working, but as already feared, the touch is - I think -  mirrored.
Initially I thought I bought the right one, because the pictures are very similar.

So I will try to adjust coordinates tomorrow. I think the error is methodical, so it should be not a big deal... hopefully Smile

Regards, engolling
(12-04-2018, 23:34)Barrow4491 Wrote: Hi,
I have had no issues with getting the correct displays and regularly order four at a time, (Silicon Chip magazine uses them in many projects).
The supplier item number on EBay is 182592607642 which has links to other suppliers.
Regards 
Jim
PS read the links carefully as some of the “similar items” are only 2.4” displays

Hi Jim. Could you please check that eBay item number. It comes up as an "unknown".
Thanks
Bill
(14-04-2018, 23:18)engolling Wrote: I just started up my RX PCB for the first time. The display is working, but as already feared, the touch is - I think -  mirrored.
Initially I thought I bought the right one, because the pictures are very similar.

So I will try to adjust coordinates tomorrow. I think the error is methodical, so it should be not a big deal... hopefully Smile

Can you please post a front face picture of your display. I mean a real picture not one of the pictures on the seller listing.
I would like to see the position of the touch panel connector.

Out of curiosity, the seller have pictures of the display with the XPT2016 chip and with HR2046 chip too. I suspect that the problem is not the chip, but two other factors: the type of the touch panel and the way it is connected in relation to the original display.
There are libraries which include examples code to do calibration of the touch panel no matter the rotation you want to use, none of them that I know will deal with those displays.

Of course that with some work (tedious) its possible to change the code (a nightmare for future software upgrades) to make them work. The better is buy the right type of display, they are available from many sellers.

(12-04-2018, 23:34)Barrow4491 Wrote: Hi,
Regards 
Jim

(13-04-2018, 21:27)f4aii Wrote: this number refers to the vendor "industrial_mall" and the screen it is not the right reference.

https://www.ebay.fr/

The same to me! Searching for that number points me to a display without the touch panel.
If you want, you can publish the item link, from the seller you usually buy.