Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ESP8266 WIFI connection

Hi,
I'm having trouble with wifi connection.
The ESP8266 blue led blinks at startup, the IP connection is visible from the router but wifi is not connected (red dot in WD screen).
debug display:
Code:
ESP8266 FW Version:
Mode station ERR
Multiple mux ERR
Join AP failure
WiFi connection is OFF
SystemInit2 DONE!
Mode station ERR
Multiple mux ERR
Join AP failure
ESP8266 FW Version:
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.

ready

ERROR
Ai-ThinkerWIFI GOT IP

Mode station ERR
Multiple mux ERR
Join AP failure
WiFi connection is OFF
SystemInit2 DONE!
Mode station ERR
Multiple mux ERR
Join AP failure
Any idea ?

Laurent

What has changed since it last worked? Router? Router config? Or it stopped connecting suddenly?

Can you put here a log from your WiFi AP?

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

I've changed my router but it was the same problem on the previous one.
Sometime wifi is connected an sometime it fails.
I have an other Pro2+ (v13) wich is working well.

Laurent

Sometimes some chips don't talk to each other, I don't know why, but that's right. Then you can change the device,
but if it is from the same manufacturer, it doesn't work anymore...  Sad

I have been using MikroTik products at home in recent years and although it is no miracle, they are cheap and everything
works for me - even the ESP8266. I have several of them (4 pcs) placed under the house and I roam between them without
any problems:

https://mikrotik.com/product/RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC

(I use the SOCIFI service for my visits http://www.socifi.com/ with captive portal (hostspot) on one MikroTik switch
and I have a "RADIUS" server with MAC addresses on the same MikroTik switch, so I don't have to enter my password.)

Maybe: try any MikroTik AP device to use...

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Did you check the password twice?

Maybe your ESP chip is faulty. Since they are not expensive I would try to change it (if you have the right equipment for such an operation)
Regards, engolling

For the moment the wifi connection is ok for 4 hours (after a new restart) so the esp8266 is not dead and password is ok.
Maybe a bad contact or a power supply problem Huh . I would like to find where it comes from before putting it in its box!

Edit: Wifi connection lost again(3 hours later)  Angry

Laurent

Have you tried to configure your router to always give the same IP address to the MAC address of your receiver?

Yes i have a fixe IP assigned by the router, but despite this the connection is lost randomly.

Laurent