This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Pro2 PLUS] Temperature value freezes - Auriol Weather Station
Hi everyone,
I recently installed WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact RX and wanted to know if anyone has the same problem.

I have an AURIOL H13726 weather station and the WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact RX receiver (Software Version: P2ESP8266_RX_v3.1_b010)

It often happens that the temperature value freezes and is no longer updated until I reset the D1 mini module.

The other values continue to update and the problem is only with the temperature value: everything works correctly on the AURIOL receiving station.

OTHER PROBLEM: when I reset the D1 mini module the Prec.rate value goes to 148.34mm and goes down after about 50 minutes

Thanks to those who can help me
Marco

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Hi Marco,

From what I see on the graphs, I would say that the receiver is having some difficulties in getting the RF data from the Auriol station, and even more from the Rain Gauge.
You can try to confirm if this is the case, by enabling this debug option (uncomment this line):

Code:
#define PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL

Then open the serial monitor at 19200 baud and watch the output. If RF reception is good you should see some info at intervals not greater than 2 to 3 minutes, even more frequent for the rain data.
If you see that incoming data packets are sparse and not more or less at constant intervals for each type of data (Temperatura, Wind and rain) you can try play with the receiver or antenna position.
If possible send me a log of what you are getting on the serial monitor.

The precipitation rate issue is what makes me think of a poor data reception from the Auriol rain gauge.
I also suggest that you try to perform a factory reset of the receiver. Go to Menu (touch on the upper left side of the screen) then you will see a button for that purpose. Touch it. After some seconds (up to 10s) unit should reboot itself, however if after 10 seconds it haven't reboot, then press the D1 reset button.
Any time you change the batteries of the Auriol station perform a Factory Reset. This operation isn't needed when changing rain gauge batteries.

Rgs
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(30-12-2019, 22:31)bigcake Wrote: Hi everyone,
I recently installed WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact RX and wanted to know if anyone has the same problem.

I have an AURIOL H13726 weather station and the WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact RX receiver (Software Version: P2ESP8266_RX_v3.1_b010)

It often happens that the temperature value freezes and is no longer updated until I reset the D1 mini module.

The other values continue to update and the problem is only with the temperature value: everything works correctly on the AURIOL receiving station.

OTHER PROBLEM: when I reset the D1 mini module the Prec.rate value goes to 148.34mm and goes down after about 50 minutes

Thanks to those who can help me
Marco

Hello Marco , I want confirm I have same issue with same board and same Auriol sensor , only with temperature it freezes.. I tried to downgrade to b009 version but don’t know why it give me errors so couldn’t try with the previous version ... I can tell you that my sensors are just 3 meters away from the RX so couldn’t be a “position problem “ . I tried disabling the auto Big clock function also cause at first, was freezing after some time , but in 3 days the problem was same , so don’t know . ( how did u record that graphics? )
Hi bigcake and xxDvDxx,

Can you please, on latest software, replace the Wireless_Sensors.ino file by the one included on the RAR file attached below, reprogram the receiver and report back if the reported issue is solved or not.
Thank you.

Attached File(s)
.rar   Wireless_Sensors.rar (Size: 4,84 KB / Downloads: 17)
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(01-01-2020, 06:44)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi bigcake and xxDvDxx,

Can you please, on latest software, replace the Wireless_Sensors.ino file by the one included on the RAR file attached below, reprogram the receiver and report back if the reported issue is solved or not.
Thank you.

Hi, sorry I wasn’t home till today so I couldn’t read your post. I will try it soonest and I will let you know the results . Thanks
Music 

Thank you.

Hello, I did what you suggested replacing the Wireless_Sensors.ino file you sent , but it seem doesn’t solve the problem . I tried using a POWERBANK as power source just to be sure it doesn’t get any interference from the power line. As you can see on pics attached below, you can see that the temperature freeze when reach 0.1 degrees ( 3.00 am ) . Then in the morning I manually did a Reset to restart the system and its refresh all data in the right temperature. 
I added a temperature sensor and humidity sensor compensation in the previous update , just in case you want as extra info .

Hi xxDvDxx,

Tank you for your feedback.
I don't know where on the code you added the Temperature / Humidity compensation, anyway the only place where you can do it is on lines 100 and 101 of the Wireless_Sensors.ino file.

Code:
TX_Unit[3].TemperaturaExt[0] = AuriolOutTemp + (your temperature compensation in ºC * 10);
TX_Unit[3].HumidadeExt[0]    = AuriolOutHum + your temperature compensation in RH * 10);

Please try the updated Wireless_Sensor.ino attached bellow. Just replace the old one, and reprogram the device.

Attached File(s)
.rar   Wireless_Sensors_v2.rar (Size: 4,82 KB / Downloads: 7)
(12-01-2020, 20:58)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi xxDvDxx,

Tank you for your feedback.
I don't know where on the code you added the Temperature / Humidity compensation, anyway the only place where you can do it is on lines 100 and 101 of the Wireless_Sensors.ino file.
Code:
TX_Unit[3].TemperaturaExt[0] = AuriolOutTemp + (your temperature compensation in ºC * 10);
TX_Unit[3].HumidadeExt[0] = AuriolOutHum + your temperature compensation in RH * 10);

Please try the updated Wireless_Sensor.ino attached bellow. Just replace the old one, and reprogram the device.

Hi again , yes I did it using your first file with results you seen in the pics sent , so I didn’t change anything in your file . ( the compensation was in the previous file , original one ) Hope did you get me .
I will try soon again with this file v2 u added . Thanks
(12-01-2020, 11:23)xxDvDxx Wrote:

Thank you.

Hello, I did what you suggested replacing the Wireless_Sensors.ino file you sent , but it seem doesn’t solve the problem . I tried using a POWERBANK as power source just to be sure it doesn’t get any interference from the power line. As you can see on pics attached below, you can see that the temperature freeze when reach 0.1 degrees ( 3.00 am ) . Then in the morning I manually did a Reset to restart the system and its refresh all data in the right temperature. 
I added a temperature sensor and humidity sensor compensation in the previous update , just in case you want as extra info .

Sorry if I haven't been able to answer earlier but I've been very busy with my job.
However, I did several tests but I confirm what xxDVDxx said: the problem with the new Wireless module downloaded on January 1st had the same problems.

1/1/20
Wireless_Sensors firmware updated
18:30 - 21:30 Log with Monitor and graph. Rate rain has highs (148.34) and lows of 50 minutes

01/02/20
16:10 Temperature locked at a non-real value (-86.4 C)
18:40 reset D1 mini
19:38 - 20:10 Log with Monitor. Rate rain has a high value of 148.34
19:40 Rate rain drops to zero

01/05/20
20:55 The temperature has stopped at a value (-6.4 C) not real even with updated firmware
01/06/20
12:40 Reset D1 mini

01/07/2020
07:30 Reset D1 mini read the first value and then crashed again
19:25 Reset D1 mini

after:
I have had cases of frozen temperature but not real values: -6.4 C or -12.8 C (one double the other!)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

.txt   2020-01-02 LOG.txt (Size: 83,82 KB / Downloads: 5)
.zip   2020-01-01 LOG.zip (Size: 46,42 KB / Downloads: 4)
Hi bigcake

Regarding the rain issue, having you did the factory reset (not the same thing than resetting the D1) as stated on my first reply?

Quote:I also suggest that you try to perform a factory reset of the receiver. Go to Menu (touch on the upper left side of the screen) then you will see a button for that purpose. Touch it. After some seconds (up to 10s) unit should reboot itself, however if after 10 seconds it haven't reboot, then press the D1 reset button.

Does the rainfall rate which is shown on the screen of the receiver also changes as happens on your graphs? Do you have any Cumulus graphs where the Rainfall Rate shows the same behaviour?

Regarding the temperature freezes, you could do the same procedure explained on the post above. Replace the Wireless_Sensors.ino file by the one which is attached some post above.

Up to now I has unable to reproduce the described issues with my Auriol weather station, that's why I ask for feedback.