Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Circuit for inter-connection board

Hi.

I have built a  new TXv3.12 board, and I am hoping to use inspeed components for the wind speed/ wind direction.

I have the sensor boards which I am hoping are the ones used in the 8 pulse version of inspeed anemometer and the inspeed E vane 2.

I am Aware that these 2 sensors have a 5v supply.

I am looking to use vero-board

I think that I have worked out the pins for the wind connection terminal on the TX board :

1 = 12v
2 = gnd
3 = gnd
4 = D3
5 = A3
6 = 5v

I am looking for a diagram/circuit of a inter-connection board that would be suitable to connect these 2 sensors , showing the wiring and any resistors/ capcitors reccomended.

Any advice and help will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance

tyntop

(03-05-2017, 01:46)tyntop Wrote:  I think that I have worked out the pins for the wind connection terminal on the TX board :

1 = 12v
2 = gnd
3 = gnd
4 = D3
5 = A3
6 = 5v

Hi tyntop

The pinout of the wind connector is correct. You may not even need any connection board, if you manage to connect the wires from both the wind speed and wind vane sensors to a single RJ12 connector.
There is no need to use any extra capacitors or resistors.
You can supply power to both sensors from the 5V pin, and connect the wire with pulse data from the wind speed to pin 4 and the wire from the variable resistor of the wind vane to pin 5 of the RJ12 connector. GND is common.
If you have previously used the TX board with an FO wind vane, don't forget to remove the jumper on the TX board.

.rar wind vane sensor.rar Size: 53,4 KB  Downloads: 163

Hi Werk,

thankyou for your reply.

I'm not using a resistor style wind direction vane please see attachment  (picture shows the sensor that I am hoping to use) Can it be used ?  would it need any changes to the software. I was thinking and hoping, to use the analog output supplied by the sensor.

Is this possible ?

regards

tyntop

Hi,

It is exactly the same wind vane that I'm using at MeteoCercal.
Connect the analog output to RJ12 pin 5 (A3).
Inspeed Intruments are supported without any changes on the software, just configure the TX software accordingly.

Hi,

Thats great, thats all I wanted to know.

I can go ahead and fabricate my own housings for them.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

regards

tyntop