Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Plus RX First Attempt to Program Error

Hi, Just finished the build of the Pro Plus Rx. Have downloaded the latest sw from the forum(WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS AT2560 RX v8.3_b002). Updated my Arduino IDE to 1.8.10. Deleted all the old libraries and copied the ones in the latest sw to the libraries folder. Tested the Arduino Mini Pro by uploading the blink example and all works fine. I am using Board Manager Arduino AVR Boards vers 1.6.21.

When I try to do a trial compile(without changing anything or configuring), I get this error message. It's been a while since I did any interaction with Arduino. It must be a simple explanation/problem with the IDE configuration. Looks like its missing something and can't find it in github?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal 0xc0000005 code=0x0 addr=0x0 pc=0x7855fb]

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.ResolveLibrary(0x11ce85a0, 0x11d3237f, 0x8, 0x11d3237f)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/resolve_library.go:64 +0x14b
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.findIncludesUntilDone(0x11ce85a0, 0x11cd2400, 0x88ed00, 0x11c98ed0, 0x11c06240, 0x11e66000, 0x0)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/container_find_includes.go:358 +0x3b6
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.(*ContainerFindIncludes).Run(0xdebc68, 0x11ce85a0, 0xdebc68, 0x0)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/container_find_includes.go:152 +0x3e5
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.runCommands(0x11ce85a0, 0x11c39e1c, 0x20, 0x20, 0x409a01, 0x3fff, 0x0)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/builder.go:210 +0xbd
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.(*Builder).Run(0x11c79f40, 0x11ce85a0, 0xdebbb4, 0x11c4ac98)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/builder.go:117 +0xb9c
github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder.RunBuilder(...)
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-cli/legacy/builder/builder.go:226
main.main()
    /home/jenkins/workspace/arduino-builder-all-cross-cli-inception/src/github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/main.go:398 +0x6d2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder returned 2
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Forgot to mention, this occurs even when I am not connected to the board, so must be an IDE problem I guess.!

(22-10-2020, 13:17)moolight0551 Wrote:  Forgot to mention, this occurs even when I am not connected to the board, so must be an IDE problem I guess.!

Hello, I think you have to choose Arduino Mega 2560 in Arduino IDE.
Arduino Mini Pro has many other properties and therefore cannot be used...

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(22-10-2020, 13:17)moolight0551 Wrote:  Forgot to mention, this occurs even when I am not connected to the board, so must be an IDE problem I guess.!

Hi Dave,

By the errors shown, indeed it seems something related to Arduino IDE.
I haven't any experience using Arduino IDE with Windows 10, unfortunately I haven't any idea what is causing that errors.

Have you tried to compile any other code (any example will be good) for the Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560) board?

Regards
Werk_AG

Sorry. I didn't notice that you chose the right Arduino ... (I only saw the Arduino Mini ...)

Best Regards
Zdenek

Hello again,

I verified the compilation without any configuration intervention on my PC with Win10, Arduino IDE 1.8.8, Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.21.
The result is without any problems...

Are you sure you copied all the libraries to the right folder?
At me: C:/Users/hornychz/Documents/Arduino/libraries
I don't understand why your compilation points to GitHub?

Best Regards
Zdenek

Thanks Guys for your replies.

It seems this error is very prevalent with IDE 1.8.10 and could never see a solution on the Arduino forums except to downgrade or upgrade the IDE. This is what I did and now have 1.8.13 installed and Caneira's software compiles without any errors.

I will now configure the settings to my local hardware and hopefully have my new Plus Rx up and running soon. Maybe some more questions along the way  ReadManual

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Stay well! and regards Dave

(23-10-2020, 11:51)moolight0551 Wrote:  Thanks Guys for your replies.
It seems this error is very prevalent with IDE 1.8.10 and could never see a solution on the Arduino forums except to downgrade or upgrade the IDE. This is what I did and now have 1.8.13 installed and Caneira's software compiles without any errors.
I will now configure the settings to my local hardware and hopefully have my new Plus Rx up and running soon. Maybe some more questions along the way 
Thanks again for your suggestions.
Stay well! and regards Dave

Like Smile

Best Regards
Zdenek