Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PCB availability

Hi Werk,

Do you supply the PCB's for these RX and TX units?

I'd be after 2 RX and 1 TX.

Cheers Bob

Hi Bob
Yes, I can do it.

Is currently under production a small batch (only 10 units) of a new WeatherDuino Pro2 receiver board. I think they are available within 2 or 3 weeks.

The new board, will be the same size and can use the same hardware, but have some important improvements.
This new board also supports modules with the new BOSH BMP180 barometric pressure sensor, according to manufacturer more accurate, and also more cheap than BMP085.
The estimate price will be around 4€ per board.

I still have some WeatherDuino Pro2 TX v2.4 boards.
The price is 8.90€ each unit, including the two RJ11 connectors already assembled on the board.

(10-07-2014, 03:51)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi Bob
Yes, I can do it.

Is currently under production a small batch (only 10 units) of a new WeatherDuino Pro2 receiver board. I think they are available within 2 or 3 weeks.

The new board, will be the same size and can use the same hardware, but have some important improvements.
This new board also supports modules with the new BOSH BMP180 barometric pressure sensor, according to manufacturer more accurate, and also more cheap than BMP085.
The estimate price will be around 4€ per board.

I still have some WeatherDuino Pro2 TX v2.4 boards.
The price is 8.90€ each unit, including the two RJ11 connectors already assembled on the board.

That's excellent Werk,

I take it that you won't have any problems shipping to Australia?

Another question, sorry, do you think it's worthwhile I try breadboarding these circuits until the PCB's are available? I'd like to test it out without awaiting a month or more Wink

Cheers Bob

I don't have any problem in shipping to Australia. Instead, I'll be very glad to do it.
A few weeks ago also sent one to Brazil.
To me it's interesting to think that there may be at least one WeatherDuino Pro2 on three different continents.

Trying to breadboarding these circuits can be an exciting experience and a good way to learn more about how this works. Go ahead.

As soon as I get some free time I will publish the WeatherDuino Pro2 TX schemas and eagle files. With this you can also breadboard the TX unit, and test both circuits (RX and TX) with your old Fine Offset vane and rain gauge.

My English it's not the best, but I think we can understand us.
We will be in contact...

Best Regards

Your English is very good.
I'm thinking I might document the process of putting this all together and may upload it to Youtube.
Thanks again,
Bob

That would be great ... could help others to build the system.
Thank you Bob.

The new v3.0 RX boards have arrived and are now at customs services. This process usually takes about 10 days.
I hope having more news soon.

Just an update...

The new RX v3.00 boards still are at Portuguese customs services. I hope they release them on the next 4 or 5 days. It's summer here, and things are a little delayed.

To all of you that are waiting for those boards, my apologies for this delay.

Thanks

New RX V 3.0 boards.
[Image: RX_v3_newboard.jpg]

The new RX v3.00 boards arrived.

I already have built a RX test unit to check for errors, and everything is fine.

[Image: WDPro2_RXv300.jpg]

[Image: WDPro2_RXv300_back.jpg]

For info about PCB availability and prices, please check this topic.