This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New forum user and builder
qldbureau,

Thanks for the pictures, and also for the link to your weather station pages.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

I had to do a little repair to my Receiver unit yesterday! A draw back using a metal case bit me yesterday morning as I casually walked up to it, and pressed the push button to light the screen. Being winter and dry I built up static and discharged into the housing. The LCD immediately scrambled, and the data relay light turned on solid. Powering down and up cured the display and readings, however the relay LED remained lit constantly. Turned out I blew transistor 2 in the process. I replaced it and all is good again.

So anyone else deciding to use a metal enclosure, beware! I now make sure I disperse my static build up before doing anything with my unit.

Since this meant a complete pull down of the box, I went further and disassembled the LCD so I could give the window another go with the file, results shown below. The curve in the line is where I was getting used to the nibbling tool, and overshot.

And here is my mast mounted to the fence. Rain gauges to the left. The temperature sensor is only mounted where it is now until I finish my shield, and then I anticipate installing it up the mast. I am considering the rain gauge going on the left side just above fence level, though not sure if the proximity to the mast will skew the readings too much. For now where it is seems to work well, and I may extend the cable so I can tuck it away safely.

This is definitely going to be an exciting venture. My trusty old weather station failed so my Weewx system is sitting idle. I saw the article in Silicon Chip which led me here. Boards have been ordered and ebay has been hit quiet hard.
Yes another Aussie, in Queensland too.
Welcome Grunge, you are not that far away from me. I think you should find building enjoyable and the results rewarding. I am setup with Raspberry Pi now and CumulusMX on the computer side for low energy and a compact set.
Welcome Grunge.

Certainly you will enjoy building the system, and the results too.
Thanks to uncle_bob who wrote the articles for the Silicon Chips magazine, and many other users, the WeatherDuino Pro2 is now very popular system in AU and NZ.

Any doubt or question, please don't hesitate, use the forum. We are here to help.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(26-11-2015, 11:57)qldbureau Wrote: Welcome Grunge, you are not that far away from me. I think you should find building enjoyable and the results rewarding. I am setup with Raspberry Pi now and CumulusMX on the computer side for low energy and a compact set.

Yes Darra not that far from Kenmore Wink