This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New forum user and builder
Good to know that all is working fine!
Until now, mostly of the reported problems have something to do with soldering, those boards are not so easy as they should...Smile

Just for I try to help another builder, can you please tell me if in your test system, are you using a DHT22 as external Temp / Hum sensor?
If yes, are you geting data from it on Cumulus?

Quote:Love this Weatherduino Pro 2 I have to say. I have seen the first of the Silicon Chip articles also. Very well done.

uncle_bob is the culprit, beat him!Smile He is the mentor of the article.
The editors sent me the March edition, I liked the magazine as a all.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(08-03-2015, 03:41)Werk_AG Wrote: Just for I try to help another builder, can you please tell me if in your test system, are you using a DHT22 as external Temp / Hum sensor?
If yes, are you geting data from it on Cumulus?

I am using the SHT10 sensor for external temperature and humidity. However I have quickly connected my DHT22 from my internal sensor and reconfigured the TX board software. I can confirm that the DHT22 is working perfectly on my Tx board.

Cumulus is also receiving and showing the correct data from my DHT22 also, from the Tx board.
Thank you for having done this quick test. I don't use a DHT22 as outside temp / hum sensor since some time, suddenly I thought that I may have messed the code, but the problem with the other user, was just with a TX user configuration option.

Do you have a weather station that allows a so quick change of Temp / Hum sensors? And it allows using different kinds of sensors? I think I would like to have one like that! SmileSmileSmile

(08-03-2015, 16:54)Werk_AG Wrote: Do you have a weather station that allows a so quick change of Temp / Hum sensors? And it allows using different kinds of sensors? I think I would like to have one like that! SmileSmileSmile

No just the one that I am building now. It is very much in test configuration, and I have connected the sensors I have now with dupont ribbon cable & plugs, onto the header pins that I have used for both boards. So at the moment it is easy to swap things around Big Grin

While I wait for the wind and rain sensors, time for me to gather the radiation shield hardware so that I can get on with making that. I plan to use some 90mm PVC pipe inserted through flower pot saucers, with everything painted white.
I too have invested in this project. Saw it in the Silicon Chip magazine. I'll be following the articles as they come available. I have purchased the sensors for the boards and the Fine Offset sensors I have from an old weather station that I was thinking of modifying to take data on line. But You guys have done it and I am looking forward to this journey.

Oh I too live in Australia, Perth in fact. So I think I maybe the first PRO2 in Perth to come on line with this project. Waiting for gear to arrive now, oh and a new anemometer as the one I have has a broken cup.

Werl_AG, I have PMed you for details for all three boards
Welcome aboard strada916

WeatherDuino Pro2 is becoming popular ir AU Smile

(09-03-2015, 15:14)strada916 Wrote: I too have invested in this project. Saw it in the Silicon Chip magazine. I'll be following the articles as they come available. I have purchased the sensors for the boards and the Fine Offset sensors I have from an old weather station that I was thinking of modifying to take data on line. But You guys have done it and I am looking forward to this journey.

Welcome to the journey strada916. I think you will be very pleased. There is a lot of good information and support here. I am not long a participant either, but have come some way in a short time!

I think that most constructors usually have sensors from commercial units to base the Pro2 on, however I am starting from scratch and have just sourced my rain and wind sensors. It almost looked like I was going to have to purchase a weather station on Ebay just for the sensors!
I have just ordered the sensors from this store in China for around $A80 including postage:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/mingsi05?_trks...7675.l2563

I will see how they go. Hopefully this link maybe of use to others here also.
(10-03-2015, 10:44)qldbureau Wrote: I think that most constructors usually have sensors from commercial units to base the Pro2 on, however I am starting from scratch and have just sourced my rain and wind sensors. It almost looked like I was going to have to purchase a weather station on Ebay just for the sensors!

At least here in Europe, the Fine Offset sensors can easily be found on several stores, and their prices are relatively cheap.

Some prices from Maplin in UK:
Maplin Replacement Wind Speed Sensor for N96FY: £2.49
Maplin Replacement Wind Direction Sensor for N96FY/N96GY: £9.99

I believe that there are some stores in AU where you can find the Fine Offset sensor at reasonable prices. Maybe someone from AU could add to this topic , some links to AU stores that sells Fine Offset sensors.

Another Aussie joining in after reading the first part of the weatherduino article in this months Silicon Chip magazine. Have started collecting parts and will be following closely as the articles progress. Now to get the boards, do I just PM you Werk_AG to get this process started?
Welcome aboard Mick!