Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New WeatherDuino installation in Italy

(20-01-2021, 11:04)xxDvDxx Wrote:  ...
the external temperature, show weird values and most of them are like -204 degrees ,

(19-01-2021, 08:53)xxDvDxx Wrote:  I’m testing it , cause I think the lower temperatures caused low power battery and weak signal also, so I moved the unit closer to sensors and had weirds Wi-Fi signal loss... right now can’t go to check batteries in the external wind/ temperature sensor so I will check it on next days when weather will be better . Since I moved the unit closer to sensors I didn’t see negative values going mad like other days .
I suspect it’s the battery like happened in the rain gauge. I’m thinking that would  be nice to have a battery sensor level monitor.

Hi,

I don't think those weird temperature values are caused by low batteries. Each Auriol data packet have a CRC and WeatherDuino check the sent CRC against the received CRC.
Once again, WeatherDuino outputs a lot of data related to reception of Auriol data packets. Just activate the

Code:
#define PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL

at end of Config_Options, by removing the comment on that line, then compile and upload. Open the serial monitor and you should see something like this:

Code:
-------------
T/H - Calculated CRC: 0  - Packet CRC: 0
      Sensor Type: 2
  Auriol_PacketID: 00000110
Wireless_SensorID: 110 - 6
    Wireless_Data: 100000010100001001010000000000

Auriol Outside Temp. (ºC): 16.0
Auriol Outside RH (%): 29.0
-------------
Rain - Calculated CRC: 0  - Packet CRC: 0
      Sensor Type: 1
  Auriol_PacketID: 11010010
Wireless_SensorID: 11010010 - 210
    Wireless_Data: 1101100100000000000000000000000

Auriol Total Rain tips: 1
-------------
Wind Avg - Calculated CRC: 1000000  - Packet CRC: 1000000
      Sensor Type: 3
    Wireless_Data: 1101000000000000000000001000000

Auriol Wind Avg (Km/h): 0.0
-------------

(20-01-2021, 11:04)xxDvDxx Wrote:  ... and then I did a restore to factory as always I do after update .

There is no need to manually do a factory reset on every update. The software includes logic to do it automatically when the upgrade will require it.
A Factory Reset should only be done in special cases when there are problems with the rain readings.

Returning to the occasional abnormal temperature readings: could it be that there are in your house any other RF temperature sensor, style those sold on LIDL?
Most of those sensors use the Auriol protocol, while they not interfere with the original Auriol console, they can interfere with WeatherDuino. I'm working on improving even more the Auriol routines, and soon the interference of other extra RF sensors, will be addressed too.

Another hint, when testing, there is no need to put the receiver very close source of signal (rain gauge or outside transmitter), keep them at the usual working distance.

Rgs

(21-01-2021, 21:10)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(20-01-2021, 11:04)xxDvDxx Wrote:  ...
the external temperature, show weird values and most of them are like -204 degrees ,

(19-01-2021, 08:53)xxDvDxx Wrote:  I’m testing it , cause I think the lower temperatures caused low power battery and weak signal also, so I moved the unit closer to sensors and had weirds Wi-Fi signal loss... right now can’t go to check batteries in the external wind/ temperature sensor so I will check it on next days when weather will be better . Since I moved the unit closer to sensors I didn’t see negative values going mad like other days .
I suspect it’s the battery like happened in the rain gauge. I’m thinking that would  be nice to have a battery sensor level monitor.

Hi,

I don't think those weird temperature values are caused by low batteries. Each Auriol data packet have a CRC and WeatherDuino check the sent CRC against the received CRC.
Once again, WeatherDuino outputs a lot of data related to reception of Auriol data packets. Just activate the

Code:
#define PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL

at end of Config_Options, by removing the comment on that line, then compile and upload. Open the serial monitor and you should see something like this:

Code:
-------------
T/H - Calculated CRC: 0  - Packet CRC: 0
      Sensor Type: 2
    Wireless_Data: 100000010100001001010000000000

Auriol Outside Temp. (ºC): 16.0
Auriol Outside RH (%): 29.0
-------------
Rain - Calculated CRC: 0  - Packet CRC: 0
      Sensor Type: 1
  Auriol_PacketID: 11010010
Wireless_SensorID: 11010010 - 210
    Wireless_Data: 1101100100000000000000000000000

Auriol Total Rain tips: 1
-------------
Wind Avg - Calculated CRC: 1000000  - Packet CRC: 1000000
      Sensor Type: 3
    Wireless_Data: 1101000000000000000000001000000

Auriol Wind Avg (Km/h): 0.0
-------------

(20-01-2021, 11:04)xxDvDxx Wrote:  ... and then I did a restore to factory as always I do after update .

There is no need to manually do a factory reset on every update. The software includes logic to do it automatically when the upgrade will require it.
A Factory Reset should only be done in special cases when there are problems with the rain readings.

Returning to the occasional abnormal temperature readings: could it be that there are in your house any other RF temperature sensor, style those sold on LIDL?
Most of those sensors use the Auriol protocol, while they not interfere with the original Auriol console, they can interfere with WeatherDuino. I'm working on improving even more the Auriol routines, and soon the interference of other extra RF sensors, will be addressed too.

Another hint, when testing, there is no need to put the receiver very close source of signal (rain gauge or outside transmitter), keep them at the usual working distance.

Rgs

Hi, the file i sent that other time, was infact from that test , i did exactly what you said and on serial monitor i was rading all that i sent (after some reading i had to stop it obviously).
About sensors , i never added others sensors in my house, but i can't know if in the neighborood there are some. For sure it never happened previously, so there is some change for sure i agree on this. The position of sensors and reading Unit, is same, i changed the receiver location after this issue , just to check if depending from infrastructure interferences or not. Rigt now seem ok, i jus noticed some freeze characters in the main view as i said before, but gone after changing to full clock and back again to main page. Now im updating for the new Version to test it.

Hi,

Let me know how things are going after installing the new version.
By enabling the PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL you can see on the serial monitor that the CRC of every data packet received from the Auriol station is checked, and data is rejected if the CRC's don't match. I belive that is quite difficult that wrong data can come in.

After having testing it for some days, disable the PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL and program the receiver again.
Thanks.

Rgs
Werk_AG

(02-01-2021, 10:14)xxDvDxx Wrote:  This is the link of my WU https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IBRDAM1

As much as I can see, data reported to WU by your station is consistent and much inline with nearby stations. Smile

Rgs

(28-01-2021, 19:54)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

By enabling the PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL you can see on the serial monitor that the CRC of every data packet received from the Auriol station is checked, and data is rejected if the CRC's don't match. I belive that is quite difficult that wrong data can come in.

After having testing it for some days, disable the PRINT_DEBUG_AURIOL and program the receiver again.
Thanks.

Rgs
Werk_AG
Hi, I’m been busy sorry , I will do that test for you as soon as possible, but for now I can tell you that last version works almost fine. I just noticed some weird things never happened before, about the visualization in the main screen . In the space which is the weather duino logo , sometimes it disappears and at his place seem a portion of the big clock , but I didn’t enabled it . Next time I will take a pic of the screen so you will see. To me it seem a screen refresh issue , like it try to use the big clock option but isn’t enabled. After a touch on the screen it restore to the correct image , everything go back normally . 
Today I was checking online data on WU and it wasn’t online for unknown reasons , then I logged in on the WU portal and logged out again then it went online . 
Everything else is ok to me. No more weirds temp values since the update .

(08-02-2021, 12:59)xxDvDxx Wrote:  
(28-01-2021, 19:54)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks.

Rgs
Werk_AG
Hi, I’m been busy sorry , I will do that test for you as soon as possible, but for now I can tell you that last version works almost fine. I just noticed some weird things never happened before, about the visualization in the main screen . In the space which is the weather duino logo , sometimes it disappears and at his place seem a portion of the big clock , but I didn’t enabled it . Next time I will take a pic of the screen so you will see. To me it seem a screen refresh issue , like it try to use the big clock option but isn’t enabled. After a touch on the screen it restore to the correct image , everything go back normally . 
Today I was checking online data on WU and it wasn’t online for unknown reasons , then I logged in on the WU portal and logged out again then it went online . 
Everything else is ok to me. No more weirds temp values since the update .
Here you can see the logo missing and the clock digits image underneath the main page .

Hi,

Thanks for the picture. Now I need to investigate what causes this bad behaviour which I never have saw before.
If perchance you find the exact conditions which the issue arrives, or a way to reproduce it, that will help a lot.

Rgs.
Werk_AG

Hi xxDvDxx,

Found the condition where the issue will happen, and its already fixed.
Despite it was easy to reproduce, hardly I ever would see it. Many thanks for having reported it.

Additionaly to the fix, on next release, the big clock only can be activated, auto or manually (by touching on the upper right side of the screen), after the receiver have passed the initialization sequence. So if someone sets the screen saver (the big clock) to per example 1 minute, the time only starts to count after the receiver have received data from the three main sensors (TWR).

I take the opportunity to say once again, that observing and even measure the time the receiver takes to complete the initialization sequence can give valuable information about the reliability of an installation. When using WeatherDuino transmitters, if that time is great than 1m30s (in good conditions it will be less than 40 seconds), the RF link should be improved, for Auriol users, more than 5 minutes also means difficulties in the RF link.

(11-02-2021, 03:50)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi xxDvDxx,

Found the condition where the issue will happen, and its already fixed.
Despite it was easy to reproduce, hardly I ever would see it. Many thanks for having reported it.

Additionaly to the fix, on next release, the big clock only can be activated, auto or manually (by touching on the upper right side of the screen), after the receiver have passed the initialization sequence. So if someone sets the screen saver (the big clock) to per example 1 minute, the time only starts to count after the receiver have received data from the three main sensors (TWR).

I take the opportunity to say once again, that observing and even measure the time the receiver takes to complete the initialization sequence can give valuable information about the reliability of an installation. When using WeatherDuino transmitters, if that time is great than 1m30s (in good conditions it will be less than 40 seconds), the RF link should be improved, for Auriol users, more than 5 minutes also means difficulties in the RF link.

Hi again , good to know that you could fix it easily. I think I told you already in a post , that when I had the battery issue and The big clock timer was set to 15 mins , the gathering data was passing that time and couldn’t know if all sensors were connected or not cause the big clock was activated after 15 mins . For what I could see everything else was working good , the RF link didn’t take too much ( after that battery issue I had with rain gauge ) , 1or 2 minutes , not much . I didn’t tried yet what u said about the sensors reading by serial port , but I will do it after the next firmware update . 

Thanks again 
Have a nice day

(11-02-2021, 12:21)xxDvDxx Wrote:  Hi again , good to know that you could fix it easily. I think I told you already in a post , that when I had the battery issue and The big clock timer was set to 15 mins , the gathering data was passing that time and couldn’t know if all sensors were connected or not cause the big clock was activated after 15 mins .

Hi xxDvDxx,

That's why I did the change referred on my last post. I take in account every user report as it usually counts to improve the system. Once again, thank you

(11-02-2021, 12:21)xxDvDxx Wrote:  ...
For what I could see everything else was working good , the RF link didn’t take too much ( after that battery issue I had with rain gauge ) , 1or 2 minutes , not much.

That is a very good timings for an Auriol system, and means you have a good reception. Auriol stations usually only send Temp / Hum data at near 1m30s intervals. To pass the initialization process the system needs to receive at least two Temp / Hum data packets, so seems that your system is running quite well.

Regards and keep well.
Werk_AG