Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Manual would be very helpful...

This project is amazing but I think what is holding back great success is a manual with all the information in one place instead of scattered in this forum.

For example: finding the meaning of the 3 dots in the display, how to reset the eeprom data, the use of the button on the RX pro, the pinout of the davis 6410 and connecting it to the TX board. etc etc.

When building this system I had to search quite a long time to get all the pieces of the information.

To be ahead of the comments: No, I have not the luxury to be able to search the forums and write a manual because of eye sight problems...

other than that, it's still an amazing project...

Hi edr1924,

I must say that I fully agree with you.
The WeatherDuino WiKi was created to try to overcome the absence of a manual, however, I'm aware and admit that the Wiki is still far away from cover many of the important aspects of the system, as the examples you refer.

I think that writing on a Wiki should be done with a better English language level than I can manage, anyway I can assure my commitment to continue improving the WiKi with the user suggestions whenever I find the available time to do it.

Thank you for having shared your opinion, which I believe is common to many others.

There's one major problem with having a manual. Werk's continual product development Smile The manual  would need a rewrite every 6 months.

I can imagine it is way too much work to make a manual...
But I almost gave up on this system although I'm used to dig in and search for the answers.

BTW: your English is great so that is not a problem!

Anyways, thanks to WERK_AG and all the helpful people here for this great project

(02-12-2019, 09:37)uncle_bob Wrote:  There's one major problem with having a manual. Werk's continual product development Smile The manual  would need a rewrite every 6 months.

I would say, every 3 months. Big Grin