This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maintenance on AURIOL H13726A sensors
Hi all, I just unmounted the wind and temperature sensor unit ( AURIOL H13726A ) for cleaning and check the inner status, it isn’t so bad but I can see many things to improve. I also need to know what’s that weird component that seem a “moisture resistor ” , anybody know what’s that thing ? I tried to put a drop of water on it but data seem doesn’t change ( humidity value stuck at 20%/22% ) , bit useless .
Im planning to put the temp sensor outside of the box making a little shield to prevent rain and moisture contact . Will post results soon .

(28-04-2020, 10:14)xxDvDxx Wrote: Hi all, I just unmounted the wind and temperature sensor unit ( AURIOL H13726A ) for cleaning and check the inner status, it isn’t so bad but I can see many things to improve. I also need to know what’s that weird component that seem a “moisture resistor ” , anybody know what’s that thing ? I tried to put a drop of water on it but data seem doesn’t change ( humidity value stuck at 20%/22% ) , bit useless .
Im planning to put the temp sensor outside of the box making a little shield to prevent rain and moisture contact . Will post results soon .
Just tested and it’s a real “Moisture sensor” I just tried again with a drop of water on it and I reported after few minutes that the percentage of “ humidity “ changed from 22 to 80% , but only in the Auriol display, not in the ProCompact2 unit . Huh Undecided
You have exposed the weak point of the Auriol weather station. The whole WeatherDuino project started because my first weather station was an Auriol, and very soon I noticed that the moisture and temperature data are very unreliable. My first aproach was build a build a transmiter just to use a reliabe T/H sensor, and keep all the other data from the Auriol. Later project evolved to what is is now.

My best sugestion for Auriol owners, still is build a TX unit, with just a T/H sensor inside a good radiation shiled, and configure the software to get T/H data from the built transmitter, while keep receiving Wind and rain data from the original Auriol.

Quote:Just tested and it’s a real “Moisture sensor” I just tried again with a drop of water on it and I reported after few minutes that the percentage of “ humidity “ changed from 22 to 80% , but only in the Auriol display, not in the ProCompact2 unit .

Data on the Pro2 Compact not necessarily update at the same time than in the Auriol display, especially when there is a huge change (more than 25%) from previous value (Weatherduino software uses spike control routines for moisture from Auriol)

Rgs
(28-04-2020, 19:34)Werk_AG Wrote: You have exposed the weak point of the Auriol weather station. The whole WeatherDuino project started because my first weather station was an Auriol, and very soon I noticed that the moisture and temperature data are very unreliable. My first aproach was build a build a transmiter just to use a reliabe T/H sensor, and keep all the other data from the Auriol. Later project evolved to what is is now.

My best sugestion for Auriol owners, still is build a TX unit, with just a T/H sensor inside a good radiation shiled, and configure the software to get T/H data from the built transmitter, while keep receiving Wind and rain data from the original Auriol.
Quote:Just tested and it’s a real “Moisture sensor” I just tried again with a drop of water on it and I reported after few minutes that the percentage of “ humidity “ changed from 22 to 80% , but only in the Auriol display, not in the ProCompact2 unit .

Data on the Pro2 Compact not necessarily update at the same time than in the Auriol display, especially when there is a huge change (more than 25%) from previous value (Weatherduino software uses spike control routines for moisture from Auriol)

Rgs

Hi again, thanks for your precious suggestions, in fact I’m building the PRO2 TX also but wanted to see and check what was inside the Auriol tx . By the way I could notice that the T sensor out of the box is quite good accurate , was showing same temperature of the PC2 ( being both in the same house room) ,so I’m sure it’s just a matter of thermal shield ( almost none )and ventilation ,that is very poor in that original enclosure. ( only lil spiders could get in XD )
(28-04-2020, 19:34)Werk_AG Wrote: You have exposed the weak point of the Auriol weather station. The whole WeatherDuino project started because my first weather station was an Auriol, and very soon I noticed that the moisture and temperature data are very unreliable. My first aproach was build a build a transmiter just to use a reliabe T/H sensor, and keep all the other data from the Auriol. Later project evolved to what is is now.

Rgs

Hello, about your suggested to build a TX , what module you suggest to use ? I see in the tx board part listing there is a KXD-10036 RF Transmitter Module, is it that one in the pic attached?

Hi,

The FS1000A RF module will work, it was used on first versions of WeatherDuino TX boards, however it was replaced by the KXD-10036 because the FS1000A is prune to frequency shifting with temperature.
If you do some search on the forum you will find pictures of the KXD-10036 RF module.
Also note that the FS1000A RF module doesn't fit on current WeatherDuino TX boards.

Rgs.
Hi, thanks I think I found something, just  the prices aren’t very cheap for this thing anyway I will try something. Thanks anyway .
(17-05-2020, 08:23)xxDvDxx Wrote: Hi, thanks I think I found something, just  the prices aren’t very cheap for this thing anyway I will try something. Thanks anyway .

The KXD-10036 should cost almost the same than the FS1000A, however the KXD-10036 is not so easy to find by its name, because many sellers sell it by other names.

If you are not concerned about fitting the module on the WeatherDuino TX board, you can use the H34C, or H34P RF modules, they are quite good and cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H34C-433Mhz-MIN...SwPtBc7WDb