Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maintenance Air Quality instruments

Today I encountered, that the AQM monitor shows up a pretty high PM2.5 concentration although it is some fine rain outside.
According to my understanding the rain should wash out the particles in the air and the readings should lower.

Could it be that also some water particles may be read? Has anybody made the same observations.

See the readings in the following graph:

[Image: y4mD3hOvqyaJ15Wa8fx6E4vX7HYCdM3O76O6w-bj...pmode=none]
engolling

(01-09-2018, 14:54)engolling Wrote:  Today I encountered, that the AQM monitor shows up a pretty high PM2.5 concentration although it is some fine rain outside.
According to my understanding the rain should wash out the particles in the air and the readings should lower.

Could it be that also some water particles may be read? Has anybody made the same observations.

See the readings in the following graph:

[Image: y4mD3hOvqyaJ15Wa8fx6E4vX7HYCdM3O76O6w-bj...pmode=none]
engolling

Hi engolling,

I do not think "water particles" could be read, rain drops or vapour is not detected by this sensor. I live in a pretty humid place (~85/90% all the time) and my AQM sensor has been running with no issue for a long time.
I notice that when it's raining or even more after the rain has stopped the ppm readings are getting much lower which is what we could expect as you pointed out.
Mine is housed in a passively ventilated box with vents on 43 faces. No fan. Works well. 
try to clean it carefully and see?

Cheers,
Zitoune