Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Absolutely must watch Antenna info video's
Lightbulb 

433 Mhz and antenna's are a new area for me although I have for many years now a Domoticz system in my home using 433Mhz.

But now I got new interest for this topic because of the WeatherDuino system.  I have a wired Ultimeter2100 system but I would love to have a wireless  temp/hum sensor in my garden with the -yet to build- WeatherDuino setup.

I hope it's possible to upgrade the WeahterDuino system with Xbee or 868 Mhz communication but in the meantime I decided to learn about 433Mhz and related matters.

I came across very exciting and useful information and I am convinced this will be of interest to more of you:

Have fun!

even more interesting:

youtube user comment:

Scott Marshall
Been a HAM since '78, and have built dozens of antennas, and even did moonbounce with an OSI 6502 controller back in the 80s, but have never heard it antenna function put so well as "more metal in the game". I sure wish somebody had said it so clearly back in my college days

Thanks for these useful videos. Especially the first one, resumes many things already discussed on this forum.

I will highlight three of them (referred many times, in many topics):
- Never leave a transmitter working without an antenna.
- Avoid using cables, preferably connect the antenna directly to the SMA connector on the board.
- Try horizontal and vertical polarization. Most of the times, for a TX installed on the roof, and a receiver in a room below it, horizontal polarization works better.

This was fun to watch, for me as a novice very informative, maybe not for the experienced users here...