Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ILI9341 to PLUS

I am trying to hook up the WD and the RX PLUS boards to the ILI9341 displays I have. The displays have a lot more pins than the ones shown here..maybe later versions. A pic is attached. Werk or anyone else who may have done this with this display can you give me the pin for pin hookups to the PLUS RX and the WD board please

Attached Files Image(s)

I looked up the older pcb connections and I cant seem to get it right I think I have 1 or 2 pins not correctly connected. I get a lit display but no text

Been fiddling around a bit trying to sort this out...very frustrating. I cant seem to find any info on the tft board I have. On the upside though the RX board and the TX board appear to be talking to each other all ok

Yes well looks like I found the source of the problem on a arduino forum

Re: 2.8 TFT LCD module Display pin problem
Dec 31, 2016, 04:57 am
I too, have one of these-and am quite unhappy with the Amazon seller who advertises them as "SPI-connect" and "ILI9341"

these are actually an SSD1289 controller, and have no option for SPI bus comms...they're parallel only, in 8 bit or 16 bit mode.

The touch controller and SD card slot are SPI, but not the display itself. Oh well.

(21-01-2017, 08:35)markkkk42 Wrote:  Been fiddling around a bit trying to sort this out...very frustrating. I cant seem to find any info on the tft board I have. On the upside though the RX board and the TX board appear to be talking to each other all ok

Hi Mark.

I'm in the process of building a PLUS board but haven't yet got to the stage of connecting the display. My existing WD uses the same display that is specified for the PLUS however and was straightforward to connect. The board you are using looks VERY different from the ones specified which I've only ever seen with a red pcb. As Werk_AG said here in response to your post about the display:

http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...PLUS-Build

"...the display must be exactly the one specified in the parts list." I have found that following exactly the guidance and instruction of Werk has saved me a LOT of time and effort in troubleshooting when things go wrong. Angel

I'm glad you appear to have working RX and TX boards, that's great. I don't think the display you're trying to use will work I'm afraid, though I'm not an expert and could be wrong....

Allan.

(21-01-2017, 09:07)markkkk42 Wrote:  Yes well looks like I found the source of the problem on a arduino forum

Re: 2.8 TFT LCD module Display pin problem
Dec 31, 2016, 04:57 am
I too, have one of these-and am quite unhappy with the Amazon seller who advertises them as "SPI-connect" and "ILI9341"

these are actually an SSD1289 controller, and have no option for SPI bus comms...they're parallel only, in 8 bit or 16 bit mode.

The touch controller and SD card slot are SPI, but not the display itself. Oh well.

Ooops, posted a reply above before I saw this and sorry it's been confirmed the display you have will not work. Yes, the controller chip MUST be the ILI9341 and it MUST be SPI but unfortunately there are some unscrupulous dealers around who either deliberately or through ignorance advertise their goods incorrectly. I know that Werk always posts pictures of components that are critical so when I'm ordering parts I always look at those pictures and ensure that they match those of the seller.

Allan

I just searched for the controller chip as usually there is no issue if its the same but obviously not in this case. I have ordered the red boards already today..just have to wait now but I can get all the boxes ready I suppose and look at the wiring hookup for my Davis instruments from the Vantage Pro 2 I got for a great price. The RX board logs onto my router with its wifi chip. I have registered with weather underground. This unit wont be used here at my normal home it will be up at my farm which is about 300 km away as this is where I want to see the weather and keep an eye on the rain amounts etc. We have cattle on the farm also I have a couple of airstrips there so when I fly my aircraft up I can see the wind direction and strength while enroute to there. It will stop all the guessing

Hi,

On 2017/01/01,  in this topic:
http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...33#pid5433

regarding this same subject, I tried telling you that these displays with the blue PCB don't work. Their chipset isn't the ILI9341.

Yes I know Sad...well I actually found my mistake these blue boards were the first I ordered BUT when they arrived on the packet it actually says its a ILI9341 display... I ordered the correct ones again straight after you told me...but I forgot I had ordered the correct ones back then which was just before the new year so lucky they are cheap I will have a few now. Maybe an excuse to make a couple more weather stations up Smile. The first ones I ordered hopefully will be here next week anyway then in a few weeks the second lot will turn up in the chinese snail mail

Mark

Just ordered a couple of display boards - hopefully the correct ones Wink

Just wondering what connectors if any people are using to connect the displays to the PCBs? I've been looking unsuccessfully for 16 way 2.54mm pitch ribbon cable assemblies, as 16 individual wires seems a recipe for errors.

Ideally from UK supplier...?