Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

I'm under way

(23-02-2019, 11:43)uncle_bob Wrote:  The shape was inspired by the look of the old Apollo era mission control workstation like below Smile

Are you at that image ???  Smile
Good job, uncle_bob!  Heart

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

My dear friend uncle_bob,

Honestly, I love the look of this box! It reminds me the look of the old arcade machines (the buttons help too). Nice job, you are an artist.

PS: Also loved the way you implemented the "visitors night mode". Now, I can buy the ticket to AU  Cool  Smile

(23-02-2019, 11:39)uncle_bob Wrote:  [Image: IMG_1064.JPG]

(23-02-2019, 22:49)hornychz Wrote:  
(23-02-2019, 11:43)uncle_bob Wrote:  The shape was inspired by the look of the old Apollo era mission control workstation like below Smile

Are you at that image ???  Smile
Good job, uncle_bob!  Heart

Haha no Hornychz, that isn't me. That's Gene Kranz, NASA flight Director
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Kranz

Interesting fact: Honeysuckle Creek Deep Space tracking station (the first place in the world to see man walk on the moon) is quite close to where I live.
https://www.honeysucklecreek.net

(24-02-2019, 03:15)Werk_AG Wrote:  My dear friend uncle_bob,

Honestly, I love the look of this box! It reminds me the look of the old arcade machines (the buttons help to). Nice job, you are an artist.

PS: Also loved the way you implemented the "visitors night mode". Now, I can buy the ticket to AU  Cool  Smile

Thank you Werk! Coming from the master artist that means something to me.

I'm pleased you liked the low tech night mode. If I can find a couple of low cost latching relays I might set it up to use one button.
And remember you're always welcome to come here.

Do you still have one of these old RX boards around? If so, could you please check yours sometime to see if the extra info PB1 works on WeatherDuino_Pro2_v4.0_20180327 ? When I press it the unit resets.

(24-02-2019, 03:48)uncle_bob Wrote:  Interesting fact: Honeysuckle Creek Deep Space tracking station (the first place in the world to see man walk on the moon) is quite close to where I live.
https://www.honeysucklecreek.net

Idea  Wow !!!  Heart

Best Regards
Zdenek

So I put a coat of varnish on it.
Now it looks like a piano Smile
[Image: WeatherDuino%20RX.jpg]

It was beautiful!  Smile

(24-02-2019, 04:07)uncle_bob Wrote:  Do you still have one of these old RX boards around? If so, could you please check yours sometime to see if the extra info PB1 works on WeatherDuino_Pro2_v4.0_20180327 ? When I press it the unit resets.

Unfortunately no. I disassembled my Pro2 to install a AQM board inside the box and reuse the LCD.
I gave a look on the code and I haven't saw any reason for it don't work. Please check if the push button is an NO type.
The PB1 should work as always:

- One Click switches the LCD backlight
- Double Click shows System Info
- Long Press (5 seconds) resets the system with a factory reset.

Regards
Werk_AG

This TX 2.4 board is coming up on its 7th year birthday and still working fine!
It's had a hard life too. Living outside in the Australian highlands isn't easy on anything. It's quite possible that we have the biggest seasonal changes of anywhere in the world with -6 in winter and +45 in summer.

One of these days I better get back onboard fully and get with the current versions Smile

(03-08-2014, 07:24)uncle_bob Wrote:  TX board is nearly finished.
Just awaiting for the IRLZ44N and the TMP36.

I make a couple of substitutions:
I only could find a 20K pot for R8 (15K).
And a 360R for R1 (380R).

[Image: d94d3959-423a-4794-8e91-033e5b6810cf.jpg~original]

[Image: photo2.jpg~original]

(21-07-2021, 10:32)uncle_bob Wrote:  This TX 2.4 board is coming up on its 7th year birthday and still working fine!
It's had a hard life too. Living outside in the Australian highlands isn't easy on anything. It's quite possible that we have the biggest seasonal changes of anywhere in the world with -6 in winter and +45 in summer.
One of these days I better get back onboard fully and get with the current versions Smile

We can only see the results of quality work here! Both the author and the builder.  Heart

Best Regards
Zdenek

(21-07-2021, 10:32)uncle_bob Wrote:  This TX 2.4 board is coming up on its 7th year birthday and still working fine!

Hi Uncle_Bob,

By how the PCB looks, seems ready for another 7 seven years of service...
... and if it is working, why changing it? Wink

Maybe you will get more benefit on upgrading the receiver than the transmitter unit, unless you want / need take advantage of the large radio range provided by the LoRa radios.

Thanks for your post, it left me happy.

Rgs.