Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I have started my 4Pro journey

Hi Nigel,

For several reason, I'm afraid that using the cloud Arduino IDE isn't suitable for this project.

Best and easy way is install the Arduino IDE on your computer (it can be latest version) and install all the libraries provided on the WeatherDuino software package. Just copy them to your local libraries folder, usually c:\users\xxxx\My Documents\Arduino\libraries

The WeatherDuino code uses many libraries that were made or customized for this project, this imply having to use the provided libraries, not any others.
As said, you can use latest Arduino IDE, but you need to pay attention to supported ESP32 version, currently almost all WeaterDuino code for ESP32 boards, must use v1.0.6 (latest is 2.0.2, but by now isn't compatible).

I take the opportunity to inform everyone that quite soon, all WeatherDuino code which run on ESP32 systems will be upgraded to successfully compile with latest ESP32 v2.0.2.

This evening I have removed the wind and rain sensors from the pole.  Removed the FO connectors stripped the cable ends tined and attached (mostly guess) to the TX.  Earlier I managed to compile the firmware sketch on my old notebook and upload to the Nano.  Powered on the TX board and I have a winking TX light.  I think that is a good sign... Smile

Nigel, Widdop Weather,

(04-05-2022, 20:21)Nigel Wrote:  This evening I have removed the wind and rain sensors from the pole.  Removed the FO connectors stripped the cable ends tined and attached (mostly guess) to the TX.  Earlier I managed to compile the firmware sketch on my old notebook and upload to the Nano.  Powered on the TX board and I have a winking TX light.  I think that is a good sign... Smile

You can enable some of the Debug Options on the TX software and check if you are getting coherent readings from the attached sensors. Wink