Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help me to help you ...

Firstly, I wish to thank everyone who, by private message are asking me questions about WeatherDuino Pro2 system, but please try to understand that it is very difficult for me to do a private support for each of you.
Please help me to better help you ... for questions of a general nature, preferably use the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Maybe a FAQ is in order Wink

Or a Wiki like on the Cumulus site where we can all contribute our experiences to the ordering, building etc. process. I am sure we will end up with numerous combinations of TX and RX boards all of which would allow each individual to contribute rather than Werk_AG having to provide the answers.

A Wiki seems to be a good idea, unfortunately I know nothing of how it works. On the other hand, I do not have much ability to write documentation and my poor English does not help too.

Language is one of the problems that I feel many of us face, and that affects participation in the forum. Most people by now have acquired boards are not from Anglo-Saxon countries, and like me, they may also feel some difficulty in writing.

At this point, I think there are already working at least six or seven WeatherDuino Pro2 weather stations, and some more will be working soon. Perhaps when people will have more knowledge and confidence about how the system works, will join and together we can build a Wiki for the WeatherDuino Pro2.

This is the one that the Cumulus site uses, it is written in PHP, can be run alongside your board, and is a multi user wiki allowing others to contribute.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

I'm more than willing to post to a wiki with any information I've gained while on this adventure.

(08-10-2014, 00:01)water01 Wrote:  This is the one that the Cumulus site uses, it is written in PHP, can be run alongside your board, and is a multi user wiki allowing others to contribute.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

Thank you for the link to the Wiki software
Currently I am unable to start a new job like this, maybe at a later stage. For now, I believe that the forum can be sufficient to clarify any doubts that arise.

(08-10-2014, 01:52)uncle_bob Wrote:  I'm more than willing to post to a wiki with any information I've gained while on this adventure.

I have no doubt thought you would participate a lot! Already doing here in the forum!
I'm pretty sure that if it was not your participation and your posts (here and in Cumulus Forum), the WeatherDuino Pro2 system would not have attracted so much attention.
I am very grateful for that.