Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extra boards installation issue

i am getting an error message trying to download the extra boards in Arduino. I have reloaded the latest Arduino software but still cannot get the board manager to update.
Regards
Jim

What's the error message say?
In the past I have noticed that wherever that download site is, it can be very slow at times, so maybe you're getting timeouts.

(22-07-2018, 23:17)uncle_bob Wrote:  What's the error message say?
In the past I have noticed that wherever that download site is, it can be very slow at times, so maybe you're getting timeouts.
U-B
As you thought it must have been a timeout issue as I tried again this morning and all is OK now.
Just loaded the new software all works well no issues
It really would be great to get a Tx with the same features for updating the software via WiFi. 
Maybe in the future when the developers run out of things to improve
Thanks for your input
Regards
Jim

(23-07-2018, 01:24)Barrow4491 Wrote:  It really would be great to get a Tx with the same features for updating the software via WiFi. 
Maybe in the future when the developers run out of things to improve
Thanks for your input
Regards
Jim

Great to hear it's working.

The OTA update of the TX firmware is possible by the those options that the others mentioned in another thread (using pi's etc).

While all the added features are great, they do have a negative consequence of driving the cost of the system up.
The draw card for me to the WeatherDuino Pro was a reliable, DIY, cost effective replacement for my Fine Offset clone that had me ripping my hair out.
Now it's that, and also probably the best weather station in the world that covers all users from people like me right through to those who can afford the best sensors.
I just don't want to see the affordability get too far out of reach of the average working man (ie me). But having options is always great.

I Werk
I am having trouble getting the extra boards on my laptop, which I prefer to use with my weather station, and get the following error message  "Error downloading http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/packag...index.json"
I have tried many times at different time of the day to no avail
I managed to get the boards on my desktop computer and updated to v7 from there. Can you suggest an alternate download site for the boards or do you have any suggestions.
I am keen to get the Upload via WiFi working from my laptop rather than by USB

Regards
Jim

(24-07-2018, 02:03)Barrow4491 Wrote:  I Werk
I am having trouble getting the extra boards on my laptop, which I prefer to use with my weather station, and get the following error message  "Error downloading http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/packag...index.json"
I managed to get the boards on my desktop computer and updated to v7 from there. Can you suggest an alternate download site for the boards or do you have any suggestions.

Regards
Jim

Hi Jim,

The link you have is the official link:
Code:
http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json
for the Arduino core for ESP8266 WiFi chip.

I'm sorry you are having difficulties to use it, but I can't do anything about that. Take a look or even post a question on the ESP8266 forum.

Regards

(24-07-2018, 03:32)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(24-07-2018, 02:03)Barrow4491 Wrote:  I Werk

Regards
Jim

Hi Jim,

The link you have is the official link:
Code:
http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json
for the Arduino core for ESP8266 WiFi chip.

I'm sorry you are having difficulties to use it, but I can't do anything about that. Take a look or even post a question on the ESP8266 forum.

Regards
Werk,
It seems the issue has been around for a while and I have tried everything suggested on the web, so i have given up for a few days.
I have another issue with the WD unit after I updated it OTA; It updated successfully and then when rebooting it could not connect to the wiFi.
It shows IP address of 0.0.0.0.
I reloaded the software via USB but still no connection to the WiFi
It seems as if the the ESP may have failed
Regards
JIm

Check your

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   WiFi Credentials
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
const char* WIFI_SSID     = "xxxxxx";
const char* WIFI_PASSWORD = "xxxxxx";

and be sure that you are compiling for the WeMos D1 R2 & mini and not for any of the other board models.

(25-07-2018, 06:01)Barrow4491 Wrote:  E
(25-07-2018, 02:04)Werk_AG Wrote:  Check your

Code:
//   WiFi Credentials
const char* WIFI_SSID     = "xxxxxx";
const char* WIFI_PASSWORD = "xxxxxx";

and be sure that you are compiling for the WeMos D1 R2 & mini and not for any of the other board

Werk,
I have checked my credentials,the board and the ip address, and all is OK.
What happened is that I updated the  WD via USB and got the IP address and then did an OTA update to find out how it all worked. The sketch compiled OK (I had to turn off my firewall)and the Wi Fi connected properly and I got the message re OTA update being completed and the WD then attempted to reboot. This was when the WiFi failed to connect and of course I eventually got the red screen re not receiving data
I am sure the wi fi module is the problem as there is no blue led as before.
I have since re loaded the sketch set up for Rf update and it works fine but no WiFi, so no OTA update is now possible. (Most disappointing as the idea is great ;congratulations to all involved)
Let me know if you have any suggestions
Regards
Jim

models.

Further update
It occasionally finds an IP address (always different) but if I try to do  OTA update it will not connect to WiFi at the end
Jim

(25-07-2018, 08:07)Barrow4491 Wrote:  Further update
It occasionally  finds an IP address (always different) but if I try to do  OTA update it will not connect to WiFi at the end
Jim

Hi Jim,

Do you really have the possibility to do OTA? You have to see the WD IP address in your Arduino IDE:

And another recommendation: In your DHCP server, define the IP address that suits you based on the hardware MAC address.
But this is not at all important for the moment. The important thing is to see the IP address as it is in the picture.
If you could not see it, you probably have your computer on other parts of your network than your WD.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here