Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cumulus Tx/Rx Fault

Hi everybody,

I built my Weatherduino back in 2015 and it has been running without a glitch so i am a bit out of touch with the latest upgrades.

Today i had some spare time so i decided to update to the latest software on all 3 boards Tx, Rx and WD. The problem im now having is that whilst ever Cumulus is open the Rx unit stops receiving data from the Tx unit and also stops transmitting to the WD unit. As soon as i close Cumulus the Tx_Led on the Rx board starts blinking again and it functions as normal.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks

Quote:I built my Weatherduino back in 2015 and it has been running without a glitch...

Is good to know that! Thanks

Quote:Today i had some spare time so i decided to update to the latest software on all 3 boards Tx, Rx and WD. The problem im now having is that whilst ever Cumulus is open the Rx unit stops receiving data from the Tx unit and also stops transmitting to the WD unit. As soon as i close Cumulus the Tx_Led on the Rx board starts blinking again and it functions as normal.

Could you please post what is your RX board version?

Also please check if you have defined it correctly in Config_RX.h. The default value is not suitable for your board.

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Hardware settings
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// ---- Define your RX board, main version number
#define Board_Version    6     // 6 for all RX boards v6.xx, 5 for all RX boards v5.xx, 4 for all RX boards v4.xx

Thanks Werk, its a version 4 board and yes i do have 4 in the config. I also did try going back to the previous update i had on the Rx board with the config file i used back then but that made no difference. Its strange, almost like its too busy keeping up the data to the Computer to be able receive any wireless transmissions if that makes sense.

It should be something simple that we are not seeing right now...

Quote:Its strange, almost like its too busy keeping up the data to the Computer to be able receive any wireless transmissions if that makes sense.

Cumulus is just unsuccessful trying to access something...
It may help if you can tell from what software version you tried the upgrade.
Upgrading from some older software versions, may require that you do a "factory reset". Remove the USB cable, and press the push button for 5 seconds. The unit should reboot two times, after that follow the LCD indications, connect the USB cable and try to start Cumulus.

Do you have any memory about having had any problem related with the I2C address of the RTC module when you originally assembled your system (something like it having a non standard address)? I'm just trying to figure some possibilities.

Quote:It should be something simple that we are not seeing right now...

Do you have any memory about having had any problem related with the I2C address of the RTC module when you originally assembled your system (something like it having a non standard address)? I'm just trying to figure some possibilities.

No i dont sorry, i updated the software around August last year without any problem and i have tried reverting the Rx board back to that config but that made no difference. Ill have another go at it over the weekend if i can. Thanks again'

Please check my last post, I have added some info at the same time you replied to it.
If possible post the latest Cumulus diags file, it may help to see where Cumulus stops.
Also, run the I2C Scanner utility and post the results.

(03-03-2017, 10:41)Werk_AG\ Wrote:  Please check my last post, I have added some info at the same time you replied to it.
If possible post the latest Cumulus diags file, it may help to see where Cumulus stops.
Also, run the I2C Scanner utility and post the results.

'Ill run the scanner and take a look at the diags tomorrow. Just some more info, i have tried a factory reset and it only reboots the once but hasnt made any difference. Also sometime, closing Cumulus is not enough to fix it, but unplugging the usb cable resolves it straight away.Cheers

Thanks for your help again Werk, i wasnt sure how to run the I2C scanner and i couldnt get any clues out of the Cumulus diag file, so i replaced the Nano board with a spare i had, all is working again.Note to self, next time use a socket when installing a nano board
Shy

Yes, I'd recommend doing that. Easier than having to change the code after you blow a GPIO pin after connecting something wrong.
Don't ask how I know this Smile