Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another new builder...

(Sorry uncle_bob, in the UK this time...!!)

Hi.

I'm Allan and I live in the town of Prescot which is about 8 miles or so from the city of Liverpool. I've had a Fine Offset type weather station running here for the last 6 years or so, feeding data to my website via Cumulus. It's beginning to show some signs of wear - and I'd like to add some other sensors - UV, Solar, surface temp, etc - so I'm hoping to replace it with a WeatherDuino.

Thanks to Werk_AG, my boards are now on their way. I'm looking forward to the whole project and have started getting the necessary components together. Just need to warm up the soldering iron now. No, wait, I need to find the soldering iron first..... Huh

Welcome AllanG

Hopefully we'll see some new users on the WeatherDuino Map soon.

As an incentive maybe I could give a special gift to the next user to be added to the map ... I will think about it! SmileSmileSmile

(25-01-2015, 23:40)Werk_AG Wrote:  As an incentive maybe I could give a special gift to the next user to be added to the map ... I will think about it! SmileSmileSmile

Welcome AllanG. I too have just started this journey.

I will put mine on the map when it is outputting correct data. The main reason I chose my username is that it looked like there were no systems in my state. Also I figured it was surely a name not in use, rather than keep guessing names!

Thanks for the welcome uncle_bob and qldbureau, it's good to be following in uncle_bob's footsteps but alongside another new builder!

It will probably take me some time before I'm ready to output the data to my website but I'll get there...!!

Allan.

(26-01-2015, 09:28)AllanG Wrote:  It will probably take me some time before I'm ready to output the data to my website but I'll get there...!!

That's the spirit!
Regarding the time it takes. It does take awhile, especially with the slow boats from China Smile Take your time read the forum, heaps. Search the forum. Usually the info is there, just can take a bit to find it sometimes.

Good luck guys, I'll try to help out where possible too.

(26-01-2015, 10:21)uncle_bob Wrote:  
(26-01-2015, 09:28)AllanG Wrote:  It will probably take me some time before I'm ready to output the data to my website but I'll get there...!!

That's the spirit!
Regarding the time it takes. It does take awhile, especially with the slow boats from China Smile Take your time read the forum, heaps. Search the forum. Usually the info is there, just can take a bit to find it sometimes.

Good luck guys, I'll try to help out where possible too.

It will take me a little time also Allan. Then again it shouldn't be rushed either. The bulk of my parts are in the other slow boat from China too. Looking at the end of February potentially, but some may surprise. Anyway I can wait, and it beats paying the steep mark up prices of local stock.

Allan.

Hi Allan
Have you already completed the construction, or still are waiting for some parts?

(11-04-2015, 03:30)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi Allan
Have you already completed the construction, or still are waiting for some parts?

I now have all the main parts - those ordered from China or wherever via the internet, I just need to collect a few things like resistors and leds from the local electronics shop.

I've been very busy for the last few weeks though and haven't had the opportunity to complete the construction that I've already started. I have another week or two of time-consuming work to do but I'll then be able to concentrate on finishing the TX and RX units.

A note to anyone who is thinking of retiring - think again, you may end up busier than you were while you were working.....Rolleyes

Allan.

Quote:A note to anyone who is thinking of retiring - think again, you may end up busier than you were while you were working.....Rolleyes

Allan.

I know the feeling. Just when you seem to get on top of all the things you are interested in doing, along comes another one that catches your interest, like a Weatherduino, which makes you drop everything and fills up your days.Big Grin