Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

3D Printed Cases for WeatherDuino

Maybe this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it by searching the forum. 

Has anyone designed a 3D printed enclosure for a WeatherDuino and would they be prepared to make the design available to other WeatherDuino builders?

Mine sits on my computer desk, unboxed, unloved and needs a home. I have a 3D printer but have not seen to date, a design for an enclosure. BTW a site I subscribe to for 3D designs 'Thingiverse' https://www.thingiverse.com/  has many associated designs for sensor housings, anemometers, rain gauges etc. Worth a look if you are into printing.

Cheers Dave   Huh Huh

I believe that if someone would do it well done and beautiful, that will be a success!
I haven't any knowledge about 3D printers, don't know if working with them is hard or easy, but planning a case that will suit both Pro2 and Pro2 PLUS receivers shouldn't be very difficult. The rear panel could be almost the same for the Pro2 and Pro2 PLUS systems, as both boards have the connectors (USB, power and SMA) on the same relative positions, only the front panel should be different for each one: with a window for an 20x4 LCD in the case of the Pro2, and with a window for the 2.8" TFT display in the case of the Pro2 PLUS.

Doing it with removable back and front panels will be of great help, exactly as the boxes that most of us are using, that are made of 4 parts: bottom, top, rear and front panel.