Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Arduino Nano programming change

Werk,
I have been having some problems trying to upload to my nano in the Tx. I eventually came across a solution on line.
Apparently Arduino have released an upgraded Nano  with extra memory and now there are two bootloader versions “Old   bootloader” and “bootloader”. To upload to the “Chinese copy version” you must use the “old bootloader”.
I don’t know if everyone is aware of the change.
Regards
Jim

Hello Jim,

afaik it is still the same Nano, but they changed the bootloader. This is a preinstalled software on the Arduino which gives you the possibility to upload programs via the serial interface and you don't need some extra hardware (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-system_programming).

It is possible to update your bootloader with a second Arduino (clone) acting as ISP:
Find a instruction here: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-...o-Nano-30/

The whole thing came up, when the original Arduinos were delivered with the new bootloader, there was a update of the IDE, introducing the the new menu entry.

Regards,
engolling

(14-10-2018, 08:09)Barrow4491 Wrote:  Werk,
I have been having some problems trying to upload to my nano in the Tx. I eventually came across a solution on line.
Apparently Arduino have released an upgraded Nano  with extra memory and now there are two bootloader versions “Old   bootloader” and “bootloader”. To upload to the “Chinese copy version” you must use the “old bootloader”.
I don’t know if everyone is aware of the change.
Regards
Jim

That's right Jim. With latest IDE versions to program our Arduino Nano we must chose: Processor ATmega328 (old bootloader).
Thanks to bring attention to this, I believe you haven't the only one being caught by this change on Arduino IDE.

Yes I came across the same problem yesterday as well, old bootloader works fine as you say Smile

41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx