Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Air Quality Monitor trouble

Hi,
last part to my WX Smile

WD display depict nonsens, see in pic... And RX unit dont scroll bettwen 2,5 and 10.
CO2 sensor not have, is disable now

Where is problem ? :/

Hi ok2arm,

Do you really have the AQM?
If yes, something is go wrong ... 500 ug/m3 is very high value. And does not match AQI = 0.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(24-08-2018, 14:21)hornychz Wrote:  Hi ok2arm,

Do you really have the AQM?
If yes, something is go wrong ... 500 ug/m3 is very high value. And does not match AQI = 0.

Hi Zdenek,
yes, I have AQM... So after some hours testing I know now...
Main problem will be maybee in first compiling, I dont know...
But now...
When is enable CO sensor 1
-----
#define USE_CO2 1 // 0= Not instaled, 1= Instaled
-----
after reboot is something wrong, because TX led is still ON and the AQM not working...

When is enable CO sensor 0
-----
#define USE_CO2 0 // 0= Not instaled, 1= Instaled
-----
AQM working good, but without CO2 sensor

Question.... Is any other settings for CO2 in config? Model have set on B...

Tnx

Hi,

On the AQM software enable the debug options and check the output on Serial Monitor

Quote:// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Debug helper on Serial Monitor
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define DEBUG_PM   1    // 1= Enable Dust debug help
#define DEBUG_CO2  1    // 1= Enable CO2 debug help

By your descriptions maybe there is a problem with the connections to the CO2 sensor. The TX LED always on means that the sensor isn't being initialized correctly, perhaps because system can't communicate with it.

(24-08-2018, 17:00)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

On the AQM software enable the debug options and check the output on Serial Monitor

Quote:// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Debug helper on Serial Monitor
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define DEBUG_PM   1    // 1= Enable Dust debug help
#define DEBUG_CO2  1    // 1= Enable CO2 debug help

By your descriptions maybe there is a problem with the connections to the CO2 sensor. The TX LED always on means that the sensor isn't being initialized correctly, perhaps because system can't communicate with it.

Hi Werk,
here is log from monitor...

Sensor is connected to PCB
--------------------------------
WeatherDuino 4Pro
Air Quality Monitor v8.0 b001

Please wait 30s
Configuring CO2 Sensor
Setting measurement range to: 5000
FF,99,1,0,0,0,0,0,66,
Measurement range changed!
Disabling ABC Funtion
Reseting Sensor
18,8,29,FF,0,0,0,1,35,
Calculated crc: CF
Wrong reply from CO2 sensor!
FF,86,1,9A,43,0,0,0,9C,
Calculated crc: 9C
CO2 read: 431 - Temp: 27

FF,86,1,9A,43,0,0,0,9C,

FF,86,1,9A,43,0,0,0,9C,

FF,86,1,9A,43,0,0,0,9C,

Without sensor
---------------------------

WeatherDuino 4Pro
Air Quality Monitor v8.0 b001

Please wait 30s
Configuring CO2 Sensor
Setting measurement range to: 5000
3C,94,E,C1,6,41,C,10,70,
3A,70
Disabling ABC Funtion
Reseting Sensor
80,C9,8,EE,0,0,0,1,0,
Calculated crc: 40
2,EE,0,0,0,1,0,80,0,
Calculated crc: 91
80,18,3,EE,0,0,0,1,0,
Calculated crc: F6

From the log, it seems that the CO2 sensor is being read correctly.
After some minutes, the TX Led should turn off and then the dust sensor will be read. Keep monitoring the Serial Monitor, you should see the PM readings too.
Make sure the Temp/ Hum sensor is also installed, it is required.

(24-08-2018, 17:58)Werk_AG Wrote:  From the log, it seems that the CO2 sensor is being read correctly.
After some minutes, the TX Led should turn off and then the dust sensor will be read. Keep monitoring the Serial Monitor, you should see the PM readings too.
Make sure the Temp/ Hum sensor is also installed, it is required.

Hi Werk,
problem was be on the output from CO2sensor, I found crack way on pcb, near output pin... Because was be read ok and sometimes not...

Well Smile

And last problem is in RX unit, RX dont roll bettwen PM2,5 and PM10 as WD... Can you ask me, whitch part SW is for changing 2,5/10 ? On the LCD is just 2,5
Tnx

(24-08-2018, 20:34)ok2arm Wrote:  ... problem was be on the output from CO2sensor, I found crack way on pcb, near output pin... Because was be read ok and sometimes not...

It should not happen but is impossible to say that it will not happen even with good quality PCB's

If possible send me by PM a closeup picture of the damaged via.

(24-08-2018, 20:34)ok2arm Wrote:  And last problem is in RX unit, RX dont roll bettwen PM2,5 and PM10 as WD... Can you ask me, whitch part SW is for changing 2,5/10 ? On the LCD is just 2,5
Tnx

Well, this one is easy for me to answer Smile
That feature wasn't implemented in the Pro2 PLUS RX software yet. It shows only the PM2.5 values, which are the ones used to compute AQI

Maybe it will be implemented on next release...

Regards

(24-08-2018, 21:01)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(24-08-2018, 20:34)ok2arm Wrote:  ... problem was be on the output from CO2sensor, I found crack way on pcb, near output pin... Because was be read ok and sometimes not...

It should not happen but is impossible to say that it will not happen even with good quality PCB's -

If possible send me by PM a closeup picture of the damaged via.

(24-08-2018, 20:34)ok2arm Wrote:  And last problem is in RX unit, RX dont roll bettwen PM2,5 and PM10 as WD... Can you ask me, whitch part SW is for changing 2,5/10 ? On the LCD is just 2,5
Tnx

Well, this one is easy for me to answer Smile
That feature wasn't implemented in the Pro2 PLUS RX software yet. It shows only the PM2.5 values, which are the ones used to compute AQI

Maybe it will be implemented on next release...

Regards

Not WX board, but on CO2 sensor, bettwen cower and soldering pin.... Your PCB is well !!.. Oki, maybee in future Smile So also maybe idea options for autochanging custom pages, I like change 1 and 2 screen auto....

So now make some mechanical parts and post some foto..
Thank you and to Zdenek for solve some newbile problems !

Tnx Joe

Congratulations!  Smile

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here