This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro2 PLUS New Build
Hello
I have finished my Weatherduino Pro2Plus build.
And its working.
I must say I have had to spend hours and hours reading the forum messages in order to achieve it.
But it has been well worth it, and I see that a build manual would have made it a lot easier, but I would not have learnt very much, nor had the same sense of pride in getting it going.
I made a couple of purchasing errors along the way, mainly because I stopped reading at the parts I wanted and didn't read on for more info.
I have also included the 10volt mod.
I have attached 2 pictures of the station.
I am sending weather underground data to:
ISOMERSE40
I was previously using A fine offset station.
For years before that I used an Oregon Scientific wmr929n.
But the anemometer failed, hence my Weatherduino build.

Many thanks to Werk and everyone else involved in putting together this most interesting and useful project.
Best Regards Derek.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Derek,

Congratulations! Good job.  Smile
Best Regards
Zdenek
[Image: banner.php]
Well done and nice Job Derek!
I'd be looking at insulating those Temp sensor leads though (or get the female connector).
(11-06-2017, 16:30)Derek Wrote: I must say I have had to spend hours and hours reading the forum messages in order to achieve it.
But it has been well worth it, and I see that a build manual would have made it a lot easier, but I would not have learnt very much, nor had the same sense of pride in getting it going.

That's exactly the goal. Not just assembly something like a kit, but also understanding how the things work.

Congratulations, receiver looks nice.
Hope you continue enjoying using it.
[Image: banner_EN.php]

Nice job!
Congrat's Derek ! Enjoy it now Smile
(12-06-2017, 00:04)uncle_bob Wrote: Well done and nice Job Derek!
I'd be looking at insulating those Temp sensor leads though (or get the female connector).

Hello Uncle Bob.
Many thanks for your comments.
I was concerned that the sensor (sht21)would not work on my cable, which is just over 2 mtrs long.
In fact it works fine.
So it is a very temporary hook-up.
My next step is to make some sort of shield for it and tidy up the wiring.
Best Regards Derek.
(12-06-2017, 12:10)Derek Wrote: I was concerned that the sensor (sht21)would not work on my cable, which is just over 2 mtrs long.
In fact it works fine.

As you have the I2C extender chip installed, you can also connect your sht21 to the connector on the right to where you have it now. This will allow you to use even a big cable if needed.  Idea
[Image: banner_EN.php]

(12-06-2017, 12:10)Derek Wrote: I was concerned that the sensor (sht21)would not work on my cable, which is just over 2 mtrs long.
In fact it works fine.
I wired up my SHT31 to a 2m/6ft CAT5E cable plugged into the EI2C port just to see if it would work, and so far it seems to be operating OK.
Nice build, Derek.

I'm trying to come up with a way of making a neat cutout for the TFT when I get my Pro2+ working. Yous seems to have come out quite well - how did you do it?