Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Be prepared, v2.0 software for the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS system is coming.

Just three months after the release of the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS receivers, we are very close to publish v2.0 software.

While we have kept the structure and usability of initial software, version 2.0 brings new and powerful functionalities to all units of your system. It is not just an upgrade for the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS receiver, its an upgrade for the entire system (Transmitter and Wireless Display units).

Some of the changes are noticed immediately, but the most important and powerful like the addition of the capability to also reply to Davis Vantage Pro LOOP2 commands, are not so obvious.

We are committed to make the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS one of the first, if not the first weather station with the capability to show data from pollution sensors, as dust density (PM2.5) and an Air Quality Index according to EPA scale. Although our Air Quality Monitor device still is under development, this new software already includes support for it. There is an entirely new screen to display pollution data, on both the Receivers and the Wireless Display units.

But that is not all, there are more... what to say about the possibility of using the browser of your cellular phone, tablet or PC to remotely access your station, and have a quick view of their real time data and state. Very useful for those that wants to use the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS as a standalone unit in a remote location. Now, not only it can upload the data to Wunderground, as you can quickly have direct access to them.

It's better close my mouth, or the only things left to discover by yourself, are some eventual bugs  Cool

It is so fun to watch the development of this project, as it goes from strength to strength with new and exciting features. Soon (if not already) the WeatherDuino project will have more functionality than professional systems on the market. Best of all, users can pick and choose the sensors they want in ways of quality and accuracy making it truly universal.

Being able to log into the station itself will be a whole new level of entertainment and different from anything else - amazing. This will also give a new and different level of development again, over and above what is already in place.

Keep up the great work!

Exciting news! Looking forward to trying it out, just as soon as I complete my first build iteration Smile

It has released today... enjoy!

Change log summary:

- Davis Vantage Pro2 emulation now also answers to LOOP2 commands.
- Wind data is now sent at 3 seconds intervals.
- Added a new data screen for the upcoming WearherDuino Pro2 PLUS Air Quality Monitor (RX and WD).
- Added experimental support for Apogee SP-110: Self-Powered Pyranometer (not fully tested yet)
- Added experimental support for Apogee SQ-110: Sun Calibration Quantum Sensor (not fully tested yet)
- Several aesthetic changes on the TFT data screens. (RX and WD)
- Navigation between screens of data, is now even easier: Touch on the right side of the display advances to next data screen, touch on the left side returns to previous or, if you are on the main screen, will jump to graphics window.
- Point your web browser to the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS IP address, and you get a quick view of current weather data and station state.
- Lots of other, major and minor things, that I don't remember...  Wink

(25-03-2017, 07:42)Werk_AG Wrote:  - Lots of other, major and minor things, that I don't remember...  Wink

Haha Smile

Well done Werk!

Congratulations for this new update with very interesting new features.
I am happy and look forward to the new pollution measurement functionality. Just one question, for this new functionality, will it change all the hardware TX, RX and WD board or there will be only add-ons.
I will start to build soon the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS, but I have not yet received all items from China. I hope to receive everything in the next days.

Have a nice W.E.
Pierrelux

First of all congratulations with the latest developments!
I'm already looking into ways of upgrading my Pro2 system to the Pro2+

(25-03-2017, 07:42)Werk_AG Wrote:  - Added experimental support for Apogee SP-110: Self-Powered Pyranometer (not fully tested yet)
- Added experimental support for Apogee SQ-110: Sun Calibration Quantum Sensor (not fully tested yet)

I'm interested in these sensors...
Any idea of cost and and where to get them from?

(25-03-2017, 10:55)pierrelux Wrote:  Congratulations for this new update with very interesting new features.
I am happy and look forward to the new pollution measurement functionality. Just one question, for this new functionality, will it change all the hardware TX, RX and WD board or there will be only add-ons.
I will start to build soon the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS, but I have not yet received all items from China. I hope to receive everything in the next days.

Have a nice W.E.
Pierrelux

Hi Pierrelux,

Thank you.
There will be no need to change anything on the current Pro2 PLUS, TX or WD hardware. The upcoming WeatherDuino Air Quality Monitor, will be a completely stand alone unit, with the capability to transmit the pollution data to the Pro2 PLUS receiver. It can even be used by people that does not have any weather station, and just want to monitor the Air Quality in any place where it is needed, reading the values througt the integrated display. However it will not be a battery operated device (some sensors require a considerable amount of power (100 to 800mA) to work).
Best wishes to your assembling in progress.

(25-03-2017, 14:34)MikeM Wrote:  I'm interested in these sensors...
Any idea of cost and and where to get them from?

Apogee sensors seem to be very good and durable, but unfortunately not very easy to find.
From time to time some units appear on eBay at bargain prices.
The support for the Apogee sensors still is a work in progress, so better not buy anything yet.

Fantastic work Week!! Eveythime the scope of supported products and feature grows.
Soon the WearherDuino System will be fully equipped with a web server and many more sensors Smile

From the manufacturer website the prices seem to be USD195 and USD155 respectively for the SP-110 and SQ-110.

Thanks
Zitoune