Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bug on wind display ?

I start the board RX pro2+ and as I see bugs, I report them to you. I hope this is not misunderstood.

I have a basic anemometer WS1080 configured in F0.
I notice on the display that it is the gusts that update every 3 seconds and that the instantaneous wind changes little and does not correspond to the gusts.

[Image: _5710.jpg]

The youtube URL is not public, you must have the link to view it

The wind vane not responding but it's possible that the plug is not pinned like the others.
I have not yet looked this part.

when i read wunderground, it's ok.
see it on: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-we...L2#history

(12-04-2017, 15:18)f4aii Wrote:  I start the board RX pro2+ and as I see bugs, I report them to you. I hope this is not misunderstood.

Nothing will be misunderstood, and I always try to do my best to help, but perhaps you should consider to stop calling by "bug" everything that just not work the way you expect it should work.

So lets continue...

(12-04-2017, 15:18)f4aii Wrote:  I have a basic anemometer WS1080 configured in F0.
I notice on the display that it is the gusts that update every 3 seconds and that the instantaneous wind changes little and does not correspond to the gusts.

What you are calling "instantaneous wind speed", is just wind speed, which as defined by standards, its a rolling average of the last 10 minutes, so its natural that it not change so frequently.

Quote:The wind vane not responding but it's possible that the plug is not pinned like the others.

For FO wind vanes, you should use a jumper at JP2 (TX board). All FO wind vanes use the same pinout. There are some wind vanes which seem similar to FO units, but are quite different in the way they work. There are some topics on the forum about this mater. If you don't manage to make it work, open it, take some pictures of the board and post them here.

Quote:Nothing will be misunderstood, and I always try to do my best to help, but perhaps you should consider to stop calling by "bug" everything that just not work the way you expect it should work.

SORRY.

I can't edit my message forchange the title and remove the term "bug".
As for the wind, you tell me something. I always thought that the wind speed was the instantaneous speed at the time of transmission.
My brother is passionate about weather and has done manual surveys for several years, it is for him that I make this one.

I'll look for the wind vane. It is a simple REED contact with a single magnet.

thanks for your help.

(13-04-2017, 05:14)f4aii Wrote:  As for the wind, you tell me something. I always thought that the wind speed was the instantaneous speed at the time of transmission.
My brother is passionate about weather and has done manual surveys for several years, it is for him that I make this one.

Smile There are a lot of discussions about what should be called Wind Gust, "Sustained Wind" or Wind Speed.
The Cumulus forum is a good source of info about this matter. The generality of weather stations, show the Wind Gust as the highgest wind speed measured between each transmition of data, and Wind Speed as a rolling average over a period of 2 or 10 minutes. WeatherDuino Pro2, as the Davis weather stations computes both.

Hope your brother will like the new weather station.

(13-04-2017, 05:14)f4aii Wrote:  I'll look for the wind vane. It is a simple REED contact with a single magnet.

If inside it have a small board with 8 reed switches and a few resistors, it will work. Don't forget to adjust the variable resistor on the TX board to as close to 10K as you can. Also put a jumper at JP2.

Regards