Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

another WeatherDuino live

The solar panel mount just arrived today so I finally got to hook up the solar panel to my TX0 out at the end of my back yard about 150ft from the receiver.

I still need to figure out what I am going to do with the battery, and I need to raise the solar panel a few more inches. The humidity is especially nasty today so I threw it up quickly just to get it done and get out of the heat. Even with overcast skies the panel seems to be charging the battery just fine, so that's awesome!

As it turned out once in place I didn't need the i2c extender after all, but I'd rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Don't laugh but here it is. Please feel free to add any advice or criticism.

[Image: WuckX0r.jpg]

Battery and charge controller in the battery box.

[Image: fRL0sZr.jpg]

Painted the insides and the bottoms of the Davis solar shield plates ultra-flat black.

[Image: oXdGp6R.jpg]

Quick question since I know little to nothing about solar. Right now my panel is completely shaded from the sun by the trees on the edge of my property, but it still has a view of the clear sky. Is this voltage normal for a shaded panel? I can guess that it depends, but just trying to gauge how well the panel and controller are working.

[Image: SKwjvH4.jpg]
Thumbs Up 

Smile
Very nice! Great mast!

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Great stuff Danner!
Got some radio antennas up that mast?

Thanks guys.

No antennas on that mast at the moment, but the plan is to eventually have some 144MHz yagis on it.

(16-06-2017, 19:32)danner Wrote:  As it turned out once in place I didn't need the i2c extender after all, but I'd rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I agree completely. If you decide later adding some extras, you may need it.
Congratulations, your installation looks very well done. A professional job.

Quote:Quick question since I know little to nothing about solar. Right now my panel is completely shaded from the sun by the trees on the edge of my property, but it still has a view of the clear sky. Is this voltage normal for a shaded panel? I can guess that it depends, but just trying to gauge how well the panel and controller are working.

A battery voltage of 13.75V is absolutely normal when it is being charged.

(16-06-2017, 19:32)danner Wrote:  ... my TX0 out at the end of my back yard about 150ft from the receiver.

Looking at the RF Efficiency number seems your RX is getting a good signal.

(17-06-2017, 05:00)Werk_AG Wrote:  Looking at the RF Efficiency number seems your RX is getting a good signal.
I was curious whether that was good, bad, or other, thanks.