Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"New" Wireless Display

(01-05-2018, 06:13)zitoune Wrote:  Sorry, somehow I could not get the last pictures posted vertically, don't know why it appears on the side in the forum.

That's usually caused by camera operator error Smile
It's that same error that that causes bars or blurs having to be applied on the side of a lot a videos online and on tv. Yes, it's that cursed portrait mode and Windows PC's. Mac's are smarter and rotate the image automagically.
Anyway, the moral of the story is here: always take pictures or video in landscape with your right thumb on the shutter button with using eyepad/ayephones Smile

Sorry, but this has been bugging folks since iphones were invented.

(01-05-2018, 06:13)zitoune Wrote:  At the end it almost holds steady but due to the antenna the gravity center tends to be at the back.

Idea Try it without antenna, then let us know. In most cases it performs very well.

I just set up my brand new wireless display and it looks very nice, but I encountered some problems:

1st my personal evergreen  Blush ...
It seems that TFT Display and touch in my device are rotated against each other like at the displays with the yellow pin header.
I downloaded the newest software and changed all the libraries, that only the provided ones were in the folder.

To solve the rotation problem I had to change the rotation in the init lines:

Code:
 tft.init();
 tft.setRotation(1);
 tft.setTextWrap(false);

I'm not 100% sure if this are no side effects of my changed libraries of the RX software, but at least 95%.
Could it be possible that I have got a display of the new batch using other displays?

2nd problem is the RF relay function because at the moment I can not receive messages of the RX unit.
The relay IDs are equal at default value 0xA3 and relay data is enabled.

Code:
#define RELAY_DATA       1   // 0= Disables Data Relay, 1= Enables Data Relay

I activated RF debugging at the WD unit and it doesn't show any messages. But I already changed the RF transmitter of the RX unit which is connected properly.

Should 
Code:
//#define PRINT_DEBUG_RF_MESSAGES

on the RX software also print the relay messages? Because at the moment I can only see received messages.

Regards,
engolling

PS. I'm mad at the guy who implemented the short cut "back" on the backspace key when there is no cursor in any browser window, because I'm already typing this twice...  Rolleyes

(14-05-2018, 21:32)engolling Wrote:  I just set up my brand new wireless display and it looks very nice, but I encountered some problems:

1st my personal evergreen  Blush ...
It seems that TFT Display and touch in my device are rotated against each other like at the displays with the yellow pin header.
I downloaded the newest software and changed all the libraries, that only the provided ones were in the folder.

To solve the rotation problem I had to change the rotation in the init lines:

Code:
 tft.init();
 tft.setRotation(1);
 tft.setTextWrap(false);

I'm not 100% sure if this are no side effects of my changed libraries of the RX software, but at least 95%.
Could it be possible that I have got a display of the new batch using other displays?

Hi engolling,

There is no need to do any changes on the published code!
Every unit is tested before sending, so I know they are working properly, including the touch panel.
When you upgraded the software, have you noted that there are two possible options for the touch panel in the Config_Options?

Code:
// Define type of your TFT Touch Panel
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   TFT Display Touch Panel type
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TOUCH_PANEL_TYPE      1      // 1= Type 1 (Touch Panel connections at Top Left),  2= Type 2 (Touch Panel connections at Bottom Left)  

I'm absolutely sure that both units I sent to you use Type 1 touch panel, please check if you haven't programmed them with the wrong type.

(14-05-2018, 21:32)engolling Wrote:  2nd problem is the RF relay function because at the moment I can not receive messages of the RX unit.
The relay IDs are equal at default value 0xA3 and relay data is enabled.

Code:
#define RELAY_DATA       1   // 0= Disables Data Relay, 1= Enables Data Relay

I activated RF debugging at the WD unit and it doesn't show any messages. But I already changed the RF transmitter of the RX unit which is connected properly.

Should 
Code:
//#define PRINT_DEBUG_RF_MESSAGES

on the RX software also print the relay messages? Because at the moment I can only see received messages.

Is this happening with both WD units?
Try changing (increasing or decreasing) the distance between the receiver and the WD units, it may seem strange, but start by trying the WD units without antenna.

Looking for news.

Hello Werk,

everything's fine now.
Concerning display rotation - indeed the wrong panel type was set by default and I did not recognize it...
Code:
// Define type of your TFT Touch Panel
//   TFT Display Touch Panel type
#define TOUCH_PANEL_TYPE      2      // 1= Type 1 (Touch Panel connections at Top Left),  2= Type 2 (Touch Panel connections at Bottom Left)  

Thanks for the quick support.

The second problem concerning the WD data was that I did not leave the startup sequence with my test setup since all of the sensors were not present.
I know now that the T W R on the boot screen stands for temperature, wind, rain data.

Thanks for all the support.

Regards, engolling

(15-05-2018, 21:39)engolling Wrote:  The second problem concerning the WD data was that I did not leave the startup sequence with my test setup since all of the sensors were not present.
I know now that the T W R on the boot screen stands for temperature, wind, rain data.

That's right, the receiver never leaves the initialization sequence until it receives data from those three sensors.
One more important info that is still lacking in the WeatherDuino Wiki. I will add it as soon as possible..

EDITED (2018/05/16 - 02:07): Info already added to PRO2 PLUS info on the WeatherDuino Wiki