Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Overall hardware setup guide

Hi guys - apologies if I have missed it but is there a guide to setting up the Tx board ? I have been using Whizzas guide to the pro plus RX but cannot find anything covering the Tx. Apologies again if I missed it.

(11-02-2018, 10:11)coupe pete Wrote:  Hi guys - apologies if I have missed it but is there a guide to setting up the Tx board ? I have been using Whizzas guide to the pro plus RX but cannot find anything covering the Tx. Apologies again if I missed it.

Hi Pete, as far as I know there's no guide or manual as such. That said, Werk as commented all the code very well and it gives a good clue to want's going on. Also there quite a bit of info in the forums but you need to use the thread search tool to help find it sometimes.

Just jump in and if you can't find the info you seek, post up the questions.

OK have nearly finished the assembling the hardware for the both the TX and RX boards. The external sensors are going to come from the U.S. and so are a ways off. Can i debug the assembled boards individually and without the external sensors ? to prove basic function ?

Also is there a schematic/ example of how to power the Tx board.

[attachment=1309 Wrote:coupe pete pid='8846' dateline='1518347340']OK have nearly finished the assembling the hardware for the both the TX and RX boards. The external sensors are going to come from the U.S. and so are a ways off. Can i debug the assembled boards individually and without the external sensors ? to prove basic function ?

Also is there a schematic/ example of how to power the Tx board.

Hi Pete

I think you may need sensors to get the TX working but the power is 12V as in the pic below

The schematic can be found at  http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...Schematics

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Rich - the schematic for the TX board shows both a 12v and a battery connection at the power connector. The 12V provides the 9v power via the 7809 regulator and the battery connection goes to an analog port via a voltage divider - presumably so the Nano can monitor battery voltage. Do i simply connect both the "Battery" and "12v" connections together at the battery terminal ?

(11-02-2018, 21:57)coupe pete Wrote:  Do i simply connect both the "Battery" and "12v" connections together at the battery terminal ?

Yes,if you want to monitor the input voltage.

(11-02-2018, 21:57)coupe pete Wrote:  Thanks Rich - the schematic for the TX board shows both a 12v and a battery connection at the power connector. The 12V provides the 9v power via the 7809 regulator and the battery connection goes to an analog port via a voltage divider - presumably so the Nano can monitor battery voltage. Do i simply connect both the "Battery" and "12v" connections together at the battery terminal ?

The benefit of having a separate Battery pin applies mainly for those that plan to power the TX board by a solar system, allowing monitoring the batterry voltage regardless of the ouput voltage of the solar controller. For any other cases, you can just connect the Bat pin together with the 12V pin.

Ok got it. I will be using battery/solar power for the Tx unit so that makes a great deal of sense.

Can anyone recommended a solar regulator/ charger for the Tx unit that has worked well ? The ones I see on EBAY seem massively over-specified for current ?

(15-03-2018, 12:44)coupe pete Wrote:  Can anyone recommended a solar regulator/ charger for the Tx unit that has worked well ? The ones I see on EBAY seem massively over-specified for current ?

Hi Pete,

You can read e.g. these threads:

http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread-TX-Units-power
http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...ht=battery

Good luck!

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here